Famcraft

Author Topic: My son was banned?  (Read 1713 times)

Offline doctorcornejo

• Beginner
    • View Profile
My son was banned?
« Opened on November 25, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »
Hello,

My son tried to log on today and said he had been banned.  I just wanted to know the details so we can work through them together.  We went through the rules together and I explained griefing and not destroying others property.  If he can not be re-instated I understand, but he honestly does not know why and an explanation would be helpful.

Thanks for your time.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: My son was banned?
« Reply #1 on November 25, 2015, 04:08:50 PM »
 Thank you for taking the time to post a plea. Unfortunately, we will not be allowing doctorcornejo to return to the server. We found one grief, then found he did not replant at the public farm. For that, he was tempbanned for only 3 days.
  Then more and more reports of damage done by him came in.  Sadly, it seems he spent his entire time here taking things from other players and breaking their homes rather than playing the game as intended. As a result, he has been perm-banned.

We do log each and every block transaction so we can tell which player has removed or broken things. At this point we've reversed all of his interactions on the server to restore as much of the damage as possible.

We do hope you will find a server he will enjoy. Thank you again for taking the time to inquire about your child's ban.

Please consider reviewing this information with him as it might help him on his next no-greifing server:

To help you both understand a little more about griefing, Here are some of the things that count as griefing-

* Removing any block another player placed without that player's permission

*Placing a protection stone in another player's area

*Harvesting another player's crops without their permission

*Killing another player's animals without their permission

*Claiming/protecting another players pet without permission (Example: taming a wolf, protecting a horse)

*Removing/changing landscape features in another players "yard" (What is directly visible from their home)

*Placing blocks in another player's area without permission

*Taking items from another player's chest without permission (Stealing/griefing)

*Keeping a players items after PvP if you did not agree to at first (Stealing)

*Not replanting at public/shared/clan farms

*Leaving any locked item such as a chest, furnace or pet in another player's space or a public location