Famcraft

Author Topic: Login Issues  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Lawtons

• View Profile
Login Issues
« Opened on December 29, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »
Hi all, newbie parent here  :-[ I'm trying to help my kids get online with the site and running into some difficulties and seeking some advice. We have multiple iMacs that our children use and one of the things they really wanted for Christmas, was to be able to play minecraft online, which brought us to this wonderful site after much due diligence. My problem is this, the first child/iMac connection went just fine and we were able to get her online and join a tutorial without issue. When I tried to get the second and third  children/iMacs online the same way, we keep getting an error stating that we were "kicked" while connecting to survival and that we needed to be whitelisted. The article which led me to this site mentioned that the site did not do whitelisting, but after reading on the site, it seems this may have changed. I've gone through the instructions and posted a request to whitelist the kids with what I "think" are their names, but I'm not sure how long that process takes? I'm confused as to why the first child/iMac works fine, but the subsequent connections are refused and it makes me wonder if its an issue with multiple connections coming from the same IP address? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I have one child at this point that is able to play and 2 others that are DYING to join, but can't. I'm sure you can imagine how well that is going over lol.  Many Thanks

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Login Issues
« Reply #1 on December 29, 2015, 02:18:00 PM (Edited December 29, 2015, 02:25:33 PM) »
Hello! And welcome to Famcraft!

We are not technically a whitelisted server. The server is open to the public without a whitelist many, many hours per day. We turn the whitelist on when we know we will have less staff on to assist new players. We are very protective of the community and like to make sure it is always well moderated. The whitelist gives us a little extra security as needed.

Once a player has joined, taken a tour and played a bit they are added to the whitelist, and from then on can log in at any time- even when the whitelist is on.

The server is fine with as many connections as needed from any one IP. We have multiple large families who play together (parents too!) all connected at once from the same home ip address.

It sounds like the only issue you are having may just be the whitelisting. I will take a look at your request and add the names you've specified. If you continue having issues, please see this post:http://u.famcraft.com/6w  <-- It has some connection tips for you.

Edited to add: Ah! It appears Swayzie made it in just before the whitelist was turned on due to a quick influx of new players and limited staff available at that specific time. This means she was added the whitelist, and your other two children were not. They are added to the whitelist now and should be able to login whenever they wish  8)

We will look forward to meeting you all in game. Again, Welcome to Famcraft! 

Offline Lawtons

• View Profile
Re: Login Issues
« Reply #2 on December 29, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »
Wonderful, thank you so much!  :)