Famcraft

Author Topic: Inquiry about the banning of my child  (Read 1887 times)

Offline LittleWolf07

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Inquiry about the banning of my child
« Opened on January 22, 2016, 11:20:03 AM »
My child, LittleWolf07, was banned from our server last night and doesn't know why. She and I both love this server and don't want to see her banned. I was told she was just running around the chicken clubhouse. What was her infraction and when did it occur? Thanks so much.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Inquiry about the banning of my child
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2016, 04:13:00 PM (Edited January 22, 2016, 05:53:12 PM) »
 Hello,

Thank you for inquiring about your child's 24 hour tempban. The ban will expire shortly and she will be able to join and play as usual.

A group of 5 players, including Littlewolf, were all banned for 24 hours due to near-nonstop wanted/unwanted pvp + the associated bickering and arguing that ensued when they were all too distracted by their pvp session to pay attention to chat for staff instruction.

The players were killing each other unfairly, at random and without always returning the other players items.

We do not think any of the players involved were acting in a intentionally malicious fashion. We also do not think they were trying to steal from one another, but none of them would calm down and listen as staff tried to help  them sort out their issues. Each time we would almost have the group calm, one of them would start it all back up.

On Famcraft, we have some very strict pvp rules. They are as follows:

Pvp IS allowed on Famcraft , but ONLY if all players involved in the Pvp have agreed to fight, and have agreed to the terms of the fight. Then they may toggle their pvp on and off with /pvp.

A player who has pvp off/disabled can not be attacked. A player who has their pvp on/enabled CAN be attacked , but even so ALL rules must be followed. So even if a player is attackable, they must have agreed to the terms of the fight before anyone is allowed to pvp with them.

When we say the "terms" of a fight, we mean any details that might matter to the players involved. This includes things such as what type of armor should the participants wear, if any, what types of weapons should be used by each party, and most importantly- who gets the inventory of the losing player when one of them is killed during pvp. Does the inventory go to the winner? Or should all items be returned to their original owner? These things need to be decided before a pvp match, and whatever is agreed upon should be followed through with once the match has ended.

To help avoid some of the issues like we saw yesterday, we do offer /warp pvp. At /warp pvp you can find a few arenas that are in a different world, with a different inventory and the weapons and armor are provided free of charge to the players. This way everyone has the same armor/weapons and if they lose items those items won't be hard-earned, precious or irreplaceable items.

Most importantly- we need all players to pay attention to staff instructions to help us be able to avoid tempbans like these. We usually try to work with players in pvp situations rather than jumping directly to a ban. However, when the players are excited and distracted by their fighting, it can make good communication impossible.

So, how can this be avoided in the future? Here are a few helpful hints-

Make sure to agree to the terms of pvp before each fight, and make sure EVERYONE who will be pvping with you understands what is expected.

Pay attention for key words or phrases in chat from the other players that indicate there might be an issue. Things like "Stop!" , "That's not fair!" "Please wait" or "Please give me back my items" can let you know that something isn't quite right and may need a little extra attention.

If you see someone saying your name in chat- stop and look. If that name is yellow, blue, gold or red- staff is trying to talk to you. And don't worry! Staff talking to you does NOT always mean you are in trouble. Sometimes it means we are trying to help sort out issues to make sure you don't accidentally get in trouble.

We will look forward to seeing LittleWolf back in a few hours. Again, thank you for taking the time to ask about her tempban.

Offline LittleWolf07

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: Inquiry about the banning of my child
« Reply #2 on January 22, 2016, 10:52:03 PM »
Thank you so much for your detailed description and attention to what takes place on your server. We have thoroughly read and discussed your reply and are happy to hear the ban was temporary. LittleWolf is looking forward to her return.  :)