Famcraft

Author Topic: Word Problems  (Read 4111 times)

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
  • I like games, music, cute animals, & social media.
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PixelProne
Word Problems
« Opened on February 23, 2016, 10:16:57 PM »
  I like playing this game a lot. It's a twist on my favorite word problem puzzles.  :)

This game is played by finding the answers to a person's story. A player will create a story with a minimum of one (1) mystery (or a maximum of four (4) mysteries). Your objective is to solve the mysteries, then make a compliment about it.

EXAMPLE:
  Player one: I was watching TV and suddenly had a craving for some cookies, so, I walked into the kitchen and located where I put the cookies up, so Charlie wouldn't get to them. When I found the cookie jar (David, as we call it), all of the cookies were gone! There were five children in the house. Their names were Peggy, Paula, Patricia, Pan, and Petri.

Peggy has blue hair,
Paula has blonde hair,
Patricia has orange hair,
Pan has blue hair,
Petri has orange hair.

The cookie jar has "Pe" engraved in the lid, and a strand of orange hair beside the jar.

Player two: Since the jar has orange hair beside it, and "Pe" on the lid, it must be Petri!
                   I like how the story had a cookie jar in it! I like cookie jars! :o
(insert story here, game continues)

----

Note: Since we're on the forums, feel free to include photos of the items in the story, if you'd like!  ;D
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Word Problems
« Reply #1 on February 23, 2016, 10:28:08 PM »
I'll start.  :o

I was walking home from school with a bag of Oreos. I was in the neighborhood of two people, who absolutely loves Oreos. (We'll call them Jessie and Jeryle.) I put the cookies down to tie my shoe, and turned my back to them. When I got up to get my cookies, and they were gone.  Instead, there was a letter! On the front it was marked "to the strange person with Oreos:" I opened the letter, which read (in red),

"I apologize for taking your Oreos. You see, I am a huge fan of Oreos and love Oreos.  Please forgive me, and I will give you a new pack... someday. -Je"

You walk to both houses, are invited inside, and quickly look for pens as they get you some tea. Jeryle has red pens with blue, while Jessie has blue pens with red ink. 
[Next player may solve puzzle.]
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline Dadkie

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on February 24, 2016, 04:00:47 PM »
Jesse stole your oreos!

I live in a town with several of my friends.  The town where we live is set up in a perfect grid with the streets either running north and south or east and west.  I live at the corner of Center Street and Main Street.  One evening I decided to go for a walk.  I left my house and I walked North for two blocks.  My friend Kaireekie lives on the street one block North of my house. I turn to the East and walk for one block.  I am now on the street where Firegoat lives.  I turn left and walk for two blocks.  Venomsam lives to the South of my house. I turn to walk towards the setting sun.  The sun is very bright in my face, but I walk straight for 2 blocks to the edge of town. AdventureKarma lives on the edge of town.  I turn left and walk for a while since the sun is not blocked by buildings here. After five blocks, I turn so the setting sun is behind me, I walk for another 2 blocks with the sun warming my back before it finally sets.  I turn North and jog for one block. I then turn to the left and travel for one more block to my destination.  Who’s house am I at?

Offline kaireekie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »
You are at your own house!

One morning i decided to go on a hike through spawn and to stay overnight at an inn. I took F55 (F= Famcoins) with me to pay for my night at the inn. Along the way I stopped at the pie factory and bought a pumpkin pie for F15.At noon i stopped and had some fish, and apple, and some mushroom stew. The total for my meal was F27.
That afternoon I stopped at a bakery and bought a loaf of bread for F10. hen at nightfall I reached my destination at the spawn Tavern and Inn. When i asked to get a  room for the night they said it would cost me F5 to rent a room. Do I have enough Famcoins to stay the night?

Offline IronBlu

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: IronBlu
« Reply #4 on February 25, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »
no, you only have F3 when you get to the inn which is 2 less than you need.

One day I built a house out of clay. I went to get eggs from the store and I came back and the house was gone. I shrugged this off and built a new house out of wooden planks. I needed milk so I went to the store again, when Ireturned home the house was once more missing. I investigated and found a half eaten sub from subway. I also found a hat with the letters DMM on it. later a player invited me to their house which was made out of clay and wooden planks. the player seemed to be confused and I asked them if something had happened that day. they said yes, their house had been torn down and replaced with this. I asked if anyone else had visited and he said yes, DrewsMagicMonkey and TheIronCreeper2 had stopped by. I remembered that Drew and IronCreeper had had a disagreement that day.

Drew doesnt likes subs
IronCreeper does
and the player I visited had my mats for his house.

is the player, Drew or IronCreeper the most likely suspect for stealing my houses?
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly time-y wimey.. stuff.
^  favorite Doctor Who quote

2 seconds is forever. How does that work? It'll take 2 seconds to explain.

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2016, 12:13:02 AM »
Drew was the one who moved the house, while IronCreeper ate the sub-sandwich, which explains why the sandwich was there. The initials DMM stands for DrewsMagicMonkey (AKA, Drew). While Drew was moving the house, the wind must have blown his hat off, and IronCreeper must have left the sandwich.

As I walked to the grocery store with my fairly large backpack and snacks, an interesting looking alley lured me away. So, of course, I walked in. When I looked behind me, a wall had blocked my exit, where I came from. I continued along the pathway. It slowly got dark outside, so I sat against a wall and decided to rest for the night. When I awoke, there was a message beside me, replacing my doughnuts, signed by someone with the initials IB. Naturally, I wondered who had the initials 'IB', but couldn't remember.
  I picked up my backpack and continued down the path. I discovered a hat with a blue ribbon on it. "Isn't this Drew's?" I asked myself, "Wait, no, Drew's hat has a red ribbon on it. Who do I know that has a hat with a blue ribbon? This hat feels familiar." I put the hat in my backpack and continued along. I saw my bag of treats in the middle of the path, opened and half-eaten, everything was gone except for the sweets. Who do I know who hates sweets, has the initials IB, and has a hat with a blue ribbon on it?
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline IronBlu

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: IronBlu
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2016, 02:26:06 PM »
well, I have to assume it's me :P but are you sure that hates sweets thing is right?...

Carl brought his extra Halloween candy to school. he shared the candy with his friends and had 12 snickers bars, 2 reeces peanut butter cups,  two cherry twizzlers, and a bag of skittles when he left school.  if he had 68 pieces of candy when he arrived at school, how many pieces of each type of candy did he have when he arrived if the ratios stayed the same?
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly time-y wimey.. stuff.
^  favorite Doctor Who quote

2 seconds is forever. How does that work? It'll take 2 seconds to explain.