Famcraft

Author Topic: 1.9?  (Read 2486 times)

Offline avestan

• Donator
    • View Profile
1.9?
« Opened on February 29, 2016, 05:52:36 PM »
Been reading about the new 1.9 updates. Are there plans to migrate famcraft in the works?

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
Re: 1.9?
« Reply #1 on February 29, 2016, 07:29:59 PM »
We will ONLY update to 1.9 once we have confirmed our plugins are working properly with 1.9. We DO NOT take risks with our players property or protections. Thank you for your patience.

Offline WarehouseAgent

• Retired
  • What's mine is ores.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on February 29, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
Is the 1.7/1.8 split typical of how a major upgrade is handled here?

As in, will there (eventually) still be a separate 1.8 world as it exists now and a brand new 1.9 world where everybody starts out from scratch?

Thanks!
Father, husband, beleaguered software engineer. IRL alias: Todd

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on February 29, 2016, 07:54:35 PM »
 No, and it breaks my heart into a million pieces every time I reply to this question.

We had 1.7 for 3 + years. It is our history. I miss it every single day to the point. I brings tears to my eyes several times a week. We NEVER wanted a new map- ever.
 We did not change maps to keep things easy. We worked so hard to be able to update our real, original, beloved 1.7 map.

You can relive my heartbreak with me here: https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,9367.msg54402.html#msg54402

And learn how we handled 1.8 here: https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,9486.msg55225.html#msg55225

We never wanted a new map, and no future maps are planned. Our intention is to keep the 1.7 map active for those who still cherish it or want to play 1.7, and to move forward only updating the current 1.8 map.
 Unless some unforeseeable crisis occurs, the 1.8 map we have now is our forever-map.

Offline WarehouseAgent

• Retired
  • What's mine is ores.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on February 29, 2016, 08:49:01 PM »
Oh, you misunderstood me. I was asking about, um, ponies, and, er--puppies, and, ah, ^happy

^happy. ^happy. ^HAPPY... IT'S NOT WORKING!!!

Anyway, sorry about the traumatic flashback.  :'(  But thanks for the information download.  :)
Father, husband, beleaguered software engineer. IRL alias: Todd

Offline avestan

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on February 29, 2016, 09:02:06 PM »
Thanks for all your work and please take whatever time you need - I was just curious.