Famcraft

Author Topic: Famcraft web site layout  (Read 2332 times)

Offline WarehouseAgent

• Retired
  • What's mine is ores.
    • View Profile
Famcraft web site layout
« Opened on March 11, 2016, 05:43:31 PM »
This may have been asked and answered before, but I couldn't easily locate a thread on it. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Has any consideration ever been given to altering the layout of the web site? There's an awful lot of wasted real estate on both sides of the browser. I realize this is a kind of design that's fairly popular, but in an information-heavy site like this one, it seems a shame to squeeze the actual information into artificial boundaries.

I especially notice this on the forums, where posts with attachments are tricky to read, and it's not easy to view some of the beautiful screenshots people post without awkwardly sidescrolling.

This isn't to say that the site isn't well-designed; it's a great-looking site. Just something I've noticed and wondered about.
Father, husband, beleaguered software engineer. IRL alias: Todd

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
Re: Famcraft web site layout
« Reply #1 on March 11, 2016, 07:21:11 PM (Edited March 11, 2016, 07:35:25 PM) »
The layout is really standard for many many forums. We have not customized much of the website to keep compatibility for all of our forum plugins, and to keep it looking roughly the same for most players. We also don't want a lot of information/clutter on the sides, and making it an information overload.

- Thoatt

Offline Tooxpnsivfru

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on March 11, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »
right click and select view image, no more side scroll to see screenshots posted   :)

Offline WarehouseAgent

• Retired
  • What's mine is ores.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on March 11, 2016, 08:39:46 PM »
Thanks, Toox, I know all the tricks.  ;)
Father, husband, beleaguered software engineer. IRL alias: Todd

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
  • I like games, music, cute animals, & social media.
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PixelProne
« Reply #4 on March 19, 2016, 11:22:19 AM »
You can also zoom out by holding CTRL and scrolling down. You can also zoom in or out by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of Google Chrome and click the +/- sign.
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*