Famcraft

Author Topic: Can I use this mod?  (Read 3568 times)

Offline ~Lucario~

• Donator
    • View Profile
Can I use this mod?
« Opened on April 14, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »
Can I use this mod? http://www.9minecraft.net/better-pvp-fair-play-mod/
I neeed the armor and potion info :3

~Brad: More tickets
~Brad: less chance for me
~Rowan: ^
~_Luc~: :D
[RAFFLE] Congratulations go to Bradboy523 for winning 102000
with 12 tickets
[RAFFLE] There was a total of 15 players buying 170 tickets
~Brad: :O
~_Luc~: WHAT

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use this mod?
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2016, 12:58:36 PM »
Obviously, I'm not staff, but I did want to express my opinion on this mod.  A lot of it looks harmless for a survival server, but the part of the mod that bothers me is the Notfication system, specifically the part I have highlighted before.

Notification system – on-screen notifications for various things such as low hunger, low HP, danger of explosion, being shot by arrow(s).

A huge part of the Minecraft experience when caving is not having any idea that creepers or skeletons are right there with you.  Even in PVP, if you cannot see your opponent, but the mod will tell you that someone is shooting at you.

Also, the fact that the description says you have endless possibilities, as it does not list everything bothers me as well.  I was hoping to see a video on the mod page to show off how the mod works, but sadly that is not included as by showing how to turn things on and off within the mod, we could have seen stuff that is not listed on the page that is a feature of the mod.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...

Offline ~Lucario~

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2016, 01:19:59 PM »
I tried it out on SP and everything is toggle-able, but ill wait for a staff to tell me its ok before using it. If you know of any other good mods that JUST show potions effects/armor/durability that are allowed please tell me :D

with 12 tickets

Offline ~Lucario~

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2016, 01:26:20 PM (Edited April 14, 2016, 01:34:27 PM) »
I just tested it a bit more and discovered the notification system doesnt even work for mobs/arrows (idk about hp and hunger). This is the 'fair play' version so a few of the more cheatsy aspects of the mod are disabled, so as far as i know only the minimap, potion effect, armor, and durability works.
EDIT I just wont use it. Im sure there are mods with just durability/potion effects/armor out there somewhere :P

with 12 tickets

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
  • I like games, music, cute animals, & social media.
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PixelProne
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2016, 01:29:29 PM »
A lot of it looks harmless for a survival server, but the part of the mod that bothers me is the Notfication system, specifically the part I have highlighted before.

Notification system – ... danger of explosion, being shot by arrow(s).

A huge part of the Minecraft experience when caving is not having any idea that creepers or skeletons are right there with you.  Even in PVP, if you cannot see your opponent, but the mod will tell you that someone is shooting at you.
Well, the notifications might be an enhancement to the actually knowing creepers or skeletons are there, but you would know if there was a creeper about to explode anyways, by the sound they make while igniting their internal TNT. I agree, it's kind of the whole point of the Vanilla Minecraft experience to not know what's going to hit you, but if you're PVPing and can not see your opponent, and yet they are shooting at you, you will know when an arrow or two misses you anyways.

Also, the fact that the description says you have endless possibilities, as it does not list everything bothers me as well.  I was hoping to see a video on the mod page to show off how the mod works, but sadly that is not included as by showing how to turn things on and off within the mod, we could have seen stuff that is not listed on the page that is a feature of the mod.
Again, I agree with this subject, but, it does say there are endless possibilities, and where there is an endless amount of something, it's a lot. The author probably didn't want to make a gigantic list of stuff, especially when players might just want to go right in and download it.

My personal opinion is that the mod looks really cool, but I semi-agree with eGI. The mod is kind of cheatsy, and takes away from the real survival experience. Even if the mod is allowed, I wouldn't really play with it myself.  I asked about armor indicators like we had on Feed The Beast 1.6.4, and the staff said no, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is a no as well.
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2016, 03:17:37 PM »
 This mod would not be allowed here, no. Thank you for asking.