Famcraft

Author Topic: [MODS] Will these be allowed?  (Read 4989 times)

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
  • I like games, music, cute animals, & social media.
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PixelProne
[MODS] Will these be allowed?
« Opened on May 03, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »
I was looking around and found two mods I wasn't sure about using.
1) http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/19-visible-armor-slots/
2) http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/inventory-tweaks
Any other players feel free to voice your opinion about the mod, I want to see what others think about it personally.
You may have noticed both of these are for 1.9. I was planning on using it when the Famcraft 1.9 update comes out.
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline ThePerfectoPiggy

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ThePerfectoPiggy
Re: [MODS] Will these be allowed?
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2016, 06:54:35 PM »
Hi, PixelProne.  :)

I just figured I'd voice my opinions in case you wanted some input.  :D

I thought I read somewhere on the forums that inventory tweak mods were allowed, such as the second one you proposed. Despite that, it appears to be extremely beneficial for organization and doesn't seem to present the issue of giving much of an advantage over other players.

The visible armor slots might be a different story though. It may be seen as giving a player too much of an advantage because of the easier accessibility. While it probably wouldn't cause much of a difference in the long run, it might not be approved due to its features that cause players not to have to play as "legitimately" as they would without the mod.

I hope these helped. It's definitely worth a shot to try and get them approved and it takes a lot of bravery to be optimistic but ready for rejection. ;D

~ThePerfectoPiggy

Offline DrewsMagicMonkey

• Retired
  • Steve's Pet Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on May 03, 2016, 07:02:01 PM (Edited May 03, 2016, 07:06:16 PM) »
I thought I read somewhere on the forums that inventory tweak mods were allowed,
The inventory tweak mod is allowed and from what I see, the Armor one should be allowed too. It does not seem to have a big advantage. It seems to just allow you to put on armor faster while using other containers. I will let and admin have final say on that armor one though.

Here are also a few point from people I saw:

It's such a pain to have to go into an anvil, realize you're still wearing your chestplate and have to leave the anvil UI to take it off before re-entering the UI to repair it. Well done.

That means you can enchant, repair, craft or equip your armor without having to open and close the inventory multiple times.

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2016, 07:11:42 PM »
As I am normally one of the most vocal people against certain mods, I will say, that first one you posted, I even considered using it when I saw it for a few seconds, but my love of pure vanilla wins out.

The second one, I've stated this before, but when a tool breaks, its part of the game to either have another on your hotbar to switch to, or open your inventory to replace it. The simple example I can give with it is, you are in a big PVP battle (like 30 people), you've hit a lot of people and your sword is 2 hits from breaking, the only other person left has a sword that has about 20 hits left. The two of you attack, you hit them twice, your sword breaks but they aren't dead, but the mod replaces your sword automatically, and you hit them one more time and kill them and you look at your health and see you had 1 heart left. The mod in this case has given you an unfair advantage over the other player, as you should have had to replace that sword or switch which hotbar spot you were using instead of being able to hit them again.

That's just my opinion though, and as always, I will be fine with whatever decision the admins make.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...

Offline DrewsMagicMonkey

• Retired
  • Steve's Pet Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on May 04, 2016, 09:02:25 PM (Edited May 05, 2016, 02:31:22 PM) »
Well this is mainly a survival server and not too many people pvp. The players that do don't go insane with a ton of stuff and I have never seen anyone pvp And have their sword break. With all the pvp arena ls we have, most of them, if not all of them, give each player a sword and have all the stuff fair which means it gives each player a full durribilty sword. This makes the odds of this happening even smaller. Rather then an unfair advantage, this mod would be helpful for cleaning our inventory and sorting it. This also helps your chests to be nice and organized. The admins have already allowed this mod as well.

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on May 05, 2016, 11:45:36 AM »
Like on other mods, I do and don't agree with eGI.
The two of you attack, you hit them twice, your sword breaks but they aren't dead, but the mod replaces your sword automatically, and you hit them one more time and kill them and you look at your health and see you had 1 heart left. The mod in this case has given you an unfair advantage over the other player, as you should have had to replace that sword or switch which hotbar spot you were using instead of being able to hit them again.
Famcraft isn't a pure PvP server, so that chance of happening is very low, due to most arenas supplying you with brand new armor and weapons, anyway. Though, I do see your concern towards the mod, it could potentially be used as a "cheat" while PvPing, and while we're on that topic, there is an option to turn off auto-refill, which resupplies you with similar blocks/tools.
Rather then an unfair advantage, this mod would be helpful for cleaning our incontrovertible and sorting it,  and yours chests to be nice and organized.
I agree with Drew. The main reason I asked about this mod and the anvil mod was for survival sorting purposes, nothing more. I do not normally enjoy PvP unless I'm feeling a bit too confident in my weapon choices, so I'll make sure to disable auto-supply before a match, if I do decide to fight.

Originally I was in a gray area about InventoryTweaks, but because of ThePerfectoPiggy's reply,

"I thought I read somewhere on the forums that inventory tweak mods were allowed, such as the second one you proposed. Despite that, it appears to be extremely beneficial for organization and doesn't seem to present the issue of giving much of an advantage over other players."

I now know InventoryTweaks have previously been allowed within the Famcraft community. However, the Visible Armor Slots mod is still a gray area, and I agree with some of your opinions on the mod. It may prove useful, but it could also water out the original vanilla feel that was intended for the Famcraft Survival servers. Either way, it's the administrators' decision in the end, and I respect that.

>> Late obligatory "May the Fourth be with you" signoff here.
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline DrewsMagicMonkey

• Retired
  • Steve's Pet Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on May 05, 2016, 02:30:21 PM »
Rather then an unfair advantage, this mod would be helpful for cleaning our incontrovertible and sorting it,  and yours chests to be nice and organized.

lol. I put inventory and my phone auto corrected that to incontrovertible... Just in case you had no idea why I put that their, it was not on purpose.

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on May 05, 2016, 03:54:55 PM »
Drew, I didn't even notice it.
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*