Famcraft

Author Topic: Question for the admins  (Read 2295 times)

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
  • I like games, music, cute animals, & social media.
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PixelProne
Question for the admins
« Opened on May 04, 2016, 04:57:08 PM »
 My apologies to the players and/or friends who enjoy seeing my name in-game. On to my question to the admins, if I were to ask for you to ban me temporarily, would I be able to join IRC to check in with everyone and chat for a bit?

The reason I want myself banned temporarily is so I can detach myself from Famcraft and Minecraft until I can get done with school work, and to minimize the possibility of me messing up and getting banned permanently with no plea, or spreading stress among the community while I'm in-game after a difficult and exhausting day.

Thanks to all who reply, you make my day.
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Question for the admins
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2016, 05:03:47 PM »
 We absolutely do not issue bans or any other form of punishment upon request. Instead, we ask that you use self control and avoid the server if you need to. Thank you.

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
  • I like games, music, cute animals, & social media.
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PixelProne
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2016, 05:06:15 PM »
Alright. Thanks for answering, Anna.  :)
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2016, 07:21:39 PM »
Pixel, I went through a situation similar where I needed to get work done, but I enjoyed the server too much.  The simple solution I took was I updated my minecraft profile so it wasn't compatible with the version Famcraft ran so that I couldn't just quickly log on (for some reason those "I'll get on for 5-10 minutes" always turns into 2 hours). I still would get into IRC, but I mainly had the window minimized while I was working on whatever paper I had to write for my classes. Every so often I would take a short break (normally after having typed out 1/2 to a full page), chat a bit in IRC (5-10 minutes, and I used a timer to keep me from going too long) then get back to work. It worked out well for me, and let me still feel like I was staying active in the Famcraft Community and not just visiting the forums. 

Another thing I did when I was teaching was I set aside 2 evenings a week (Monday thru Thursday) where I would get an hour each night before going to bed to play video games to help me unwind. Friday was another evening for gaming as well, with Saturday being when I was hanging out with friends all day, and Sunday was prep day for the upcoming week. But those 2 nights of playing games, sometimes for as little as 20 minutes made a huge difference in my mental state and helped keep my stress levels down. Granted, during other periods, like when I was grading papers, or working on lesson plans, I was usually lurking in IRC.

I hope this is helpful to you in helping you in your quest for finding self-control and schoolwork completeness.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...