Famcraft

Author Topic: Famcraft Classic FAQ  (Read 13636 times)

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Famcraft Classic FAQ
« Opened on June 20, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
 The bad news is... we no longer have Famcraft 1.7  :( BUT!! The GREAT news is, we now have "Famcraft Classic"!!  ;D

What is this "Famcraft Classic"? You ask? Famcraft Classic is our original map- most recently referred to as "Famcraft 1.7" but all freshly upgraded to 1.9, and linked to the main server via a StarGate at  /warp classic !!!!  :o  ;D  :o  8)

Now, we realize many of you will have a LOT of questions about this, so we will do our best to address your questions and concerns in this post. Don't see your question answered here? Please post it and we will do our best to provide a reply.

FamClassic FAQ

You updated Famcraft 1.7? I thought you said you were never gonna, ever gonna, never- never do that!

I.. did say that. I said that because at the time we were unable to upgrade 1.7 originally, there was a great deal of disruption and drama within the Minecraft community over politics we won't get into here.
 But basically, many of the developers of plugins we heavily rely upon said they were no longer going to be moving forward/supporting their plugins. :( So to us, it very much seemed that updating would never be possible.

Over time, that drama has settled down. Old developers have returned, new devs have picked up old projects, and own own Admins (Thoatt and Kealper!) have learned even more about how to get outdated plugins back into working order. We've come a long way in this last year, and we finally have the ability to update 1.7 with minimal disruption to the server. It means a great deal to us to be able to bring the original map current so it does not get left behind.

But.. I LIKED Famcraft Classic being on 1.7.10.  I liked having the option of playing that version. I don't want it to be updated. :(

Sadly, we can not make everyone happy all the time. The Famcraft  Classic server has been lucky to have 5-6 visitors a month, and those visitors tend to be some of our Famcraft Main regular members and staff.
 We don't want to see our original map left behind. We feel that updating to 1.9 was the best choice for the server as a whole, and a nice way to honor the history of Famcraft. We hope you'll grow to love the Famcraft Classic server.

Will the Famcraft Classic server continue to be updated alongside the Famcraft Main server?

That is the plan. We hope to keep both servers running on the same version of Minecraft.

So, is Famcraft Classic on the SAME server as the main Famcraft 1.9 server? Or is it still on completely a different server?

Famcraft Classic is still on it's own server. Money, inventories, homes, clans and everything else is 100% separate just as it always has been. Only the chat and permissions are shared between servers.

Will my inventory be shared/move between Famcraft Classic and Famcraft Main?

No- they are two entirely separate servers. Everything will be separate.

Will my money be shared/move between Famcraft Classic and Famcraft Main?

Will my homes be shared/move between Famcraft Classic and Famcraft Main?

Will my clan be shared/move between Famcraft Classic and Famcraft Main?

Will my job levels be shared/move between Famcraft Classic and Famcraft Main?

Can you World Edit things to/from Famcraft Classic to/from Famcraft Main?

Can I send a /tpa request to someone on the other server?

Can I /call-woves between the two servers?

Can I /horse tp my horse between servers?

Can I use /home [homename] to move from one server to a home on the other server?

So... how DO I get to the FamClassic server?

Just visit /warp classic and use the StarGate to go to Famclassic. On the Famcraft Classic server, just visit  /warp Main to move back to the Famcraft Main server.

Will the Famcraft Classic server have it's own ip, like it has in the past?

No. The only entry point to the Famcraft Classic server will by via StarGate on the Main Famcraft server. There will be a StarGate available at /warp classic

Does the Famcraft Classic server have a job level cap now?

Yes- jobs are capped at Level 60. Any jobs that were past level 60 have been reverted to level 60. We understand some people will be unhappy with this. I lost levels myself. Sadly, this is a necessary change due to the broken economy and op enchants on the Famcraft Classic server.

The clan I had on 1.7 is gone now! Why?

At the time we updated 1.7 to 1.9, there were only 7 active clans remaining-  BNVS, Cielo, TCoEA, Time, SkMag, Dash and TREES- Sadly, these clans will need to be recreated by their original owners. All of the other clans had auto-disbanded due to clan leader and clan member inactivity.

Can I recreate my clan or make a new clan on the Famcraft Classic server? Do I have to be in the same clan on the Classic/Main servers?

You can create a new clan or recreate YOUR OWN old clan. Please do not intentionally take someone else's old clan name. If this happens, the new "impostor" clan will be deleted at the admin teams discretion. You do not have to use the same clan name, or be in the same clan on the Classic/Main servers, they are two entirely separate servers.

Heellpp!! I can't find my old clan base!!!

We do have a list of many of the clan bases that existed in the year prior to us adding the new Famcraft Main server. If you know your clan name, we likely have coordinates and a staff member can probably take you to the clan home location.

Oh no! I can't find my home on the Famcraft Classic server!

First try - /home , you should see a list of homes. Please visit these locations to see if you can find your home. Next, try /ps location - this will give you the coordinates of any and all precious stones you have placed. IF you have to ask staff for help, please have as much info as possible about the home you are looking for, including what biome it is in, what materials it is made from, and the player names of any neighbors or roommates as we will need this information to attempt to find your home. We can not ALWAYS find lost homes, especially not on a server that has been collecting dust for a year- but we can try.

Will the empty mall shops on the Famcraft Classic server be put up for auction?

Yes! Hopefully Soon. We just want to give it a little time to make sure the Famcraft Classic server will be running smoothly before we do too much.

Can I still buy Fly on Famcraft Classic with the money I have on Famcraft Classic?

No- not currently. With the broken economy and op enchants on the Famcraft Classic server, we feel Fly might be too easy to obtain, after the update. If  we see that this is not the case, we may reverse this.

Does this mean there is no way to ever have /fly on the Famcraft Classic server?  :(

Nope! You CAN obtain /fly on the Famcraft Classic server, but for now, you'll need to purchase it with funds from the Famcraft MAIN server.

If I buy other permission packs or CoinShop access will they apply to Famcraft Classic AND Famcraft Main?

Yes, all perm packs bought on either server will apply to both servers. This means if you buy Fly on the Famcraft Main server, you will have /fly on the Famcraft Main server and the Famcraft Classic server.

I am missing a nick name or permission on Famcraft Classic that I recently obtained on the Famcraft Main server. Can I get it back?

Absolutely! Ideally, all your nick names and permission sets are supposed to match. If you are missing a name, a permission or coinshop access that you have purchased, just let us know and we will get you fixed right up.

Can I have two different nicknames on Famcraft Classic and Famcraft Main?

No. Name changes alone have caused enough confusion. We need to make sure everyone has the same name on both servers.

I can't spawn dragons on the FamClassic server?

Yes you can. You just need to use the end called "Dragon End" on the "World" gate at /warp sg. It is set up just like the Dragon End on the main server.

One more time, are you suuurree I can't move my inventory/homes/structures/jobs/job-levels/money between servers? I am 100% SURE I will ONLY be playing on ONE of the servers. Pleeeasssee!!??

No. It's that simple. We will not be moving ANYTHING from one server to the other. Thank you for understanding.

Having both servers on the same version is confusing and I don't  like it- what can I do?

This change only has to effect you as much as you want it to effect you. You are not obligated to play on both servers. If you are enjoying your time on Famcraft, that's all that
matters. Just play where you want to play.

Thank you all! Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Offline WarehouseAgent

• Retired
  • What's mine is ores.
    • View Profile
Re: Famcraft Classic FAQ
« Reply #1 on June 20, 2016, 10:57:30 PM (Edited June 20, 2016, 11:15:12 PM) »
Is this where you're collecting notes on Famcraft Classic (minor) issues? It doesn't seem worth bothering anyone in-game.

• The buttons at /warp jobs tell me I'm can't use them. (/join _____ still works)
  • /kit allowance has a different (old?) name: /kit warpmoney
  • "Famcraft Info and Announcements" at Main spawn village entrance still refer to 1.8 and 1.7.
Father, husband, beleaguered software engineer. IRL alias: Todd

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on June 21, 2016, 12:43:38 AM »
 Thanks, WarehouseAgent! I believe all of this is fixed now.

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on June 21, 2016, 12:28:32 PM »
Since we are able to spawn dragons now using end crystals, will the End Estates on Famcraft Classic still have the Dragon Spawners on them?
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...

Offline WarehouseAgent

• Retired
  • What's mine is ores.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on June 22, 2016, 11:00:50 AM (Edited June 22, 2016, 04:35:51 PM) »
I'm having trouble locking a door on Classic. Existing protections appear to be in place, and automatic locks get created when placing a chest or furnace, but manual locks seem to not be created with /lock.

Anyone else?

UPDATE: I was trying to lock a birch door--won't work. I tried to lock an oak door--it locked. Maybe the different flavors of door need to be added to a config file?

Offline WarehouseAgent

• Retired
  • What's mine is ores.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on June 25, 2016, 09:58:25 AM »
/home doesn't seem to work the same in Classic as it does in Main.

In Classic, typing "/home" or "/home (wrongHomeName)" seems to send me to my most recently set home, instead of giving me a list of my actual homes, as in Main.

Offline WarehouseAgent

• Retired
  • What's mine is ores.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on June 25, 2016, 10:00:36 AM (Edited June 25, 2016, 10:02:14 AM) »
If you're wondering why you would want to explore Classic--um, I don't know. Maybe because of stuff like this?

Offline DrewsMagicMonkey

• Retired
  • Steve's Pet Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on June 25, 2016, 12:59:06 PM »
I may or may not have made that one and the one on the main spawn.  8)

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2016, 08:59:54 PM (Edited June 29, 2016, 09:32:50 AM) »
I don't know if this is the correct place to put this but my question has to do with sky block and a few other things.
*Im not sure if many people play sky block much anymore on the classic server but I do. Currently I can not break or place things on my island.

*I also can not use quite a few gate, bridge, or lift signs at one of my castles. They all say this sign is locked with a magical spell.

Thanks.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on June 30, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
egijr:
Since we are able to spawn dragons now using end crystals, will the End Estates on Famcraft Classic still have the Dragon Spawners on them?

The dragons spawned by the spawners are currently not functioning properly after the update.  We will deal with this on a case by case basis. End Isle owners should contact an admin by forum mail if they would like to discuss their islands. Thank you.

WarehouseAgent:
I'm having trouble locking a door on Classic. Existing protections appear to be in place, and automatic locks get created when placing a chest or furnace, but manual locks seem to not be created with /lock.

Great catch! Thanks. We've updated the lockable doors/items to match the main server. Thanks!

WarehouseAgent:
/home doesn't seem to work the same in Classic as it does in Main.

In Classic, typing "/home" or "/home (wrongHomeName)" seems to send me to my most recently set home, instead of giving me a list of my actual homes, as in Main.

This works fine for me, and for others I have had test. It seems you only have a single home set on the Classic server. Try setting multiple homes and see if that works for you. Thanks!

Domsters:
I don't know if this is the correct place to put this but my question has to do with sky block and a few other things.
*Im not sure if many people play sky block much anymore on the classic server but I do. Currently I can not break or place things on my island

I have looked into this and everything seems correct. You are still listed as the owner of your skyblock regions, and all the settings appear to be correct. I have removed and re-added you as the owner of your skyblock. Please try again and let me know if it still will not work for you. We'll get it figured out.

Domsters:
*I also can not use quite a few gate, bridge, or lift signs at one of my castles. They all say this sign is locked with a magical spell.

Your bridges and stuff are not locked by you- they are locked by a CrazyCow we all know and love. I will unlock the ones I can locate. Please let me know if I miss any. Thanks!

Offline ThePerfectoPiggy

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ThePerfectoPiggy
« Reply #10 on June 30, 2016, 01:00:44 PM »
The button to stop the rain at /warp sun didn't work when I tried pressing it.

Thank you in advance! 8)

Offline WarehouseAgent

• Retired
  • What's mine is ores.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on June 30, 2016, 05:57:44 PM »
The button to stop the rain at /warp sun didn't work when I tried pressing it.

Famcraft Classic has been rebranded as Gloomy Famcraft.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on June 30, 2016, 07:35:31 PM »
 Thanks! /warp sun should work on Classic now.

Offline DrewsMagicMonkey

• Retired
  • Steve's Pet Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on June 30, 2016, 07:45:52 PM »
/back on classic has a timer of like 200 seconds so you have to wait a while when you die unlike the main server which you have unlimited uses.

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on June 30, 2016, 11:19:07 PM »
Its interested that they are locked by him again since when I bought it, he unlocked everything for me. Thanks for the help. Ill check on skyblock again.