Famcraft

Author Topic: CatAngel  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Tazzie04

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Tazzie04
CatAngel
« Opened on July 11, 2016, 07:47:07 PM »
Here u go
Just do you, and don’t let anyone judge you for it. :)

Offline CattAngel

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: CatAngel
« Reply #1 on July 11, 2016, 07:59:48 PM »
sorry Tazzie, I have no idea what causes that

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
  • I like games, music, cute animals, & social media.
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PixelProne
« Reply #2 on July 12, 2016, 02:49:39 AM (Edited July 12, 2016, 02:51:32 AM) »
Were you using a texturepack or anything from the SuperSecretSettings part of the options menu (if 1.9 has that feature anymore)?
Assuming you used a texturepack, it may have been too bugged out or simply incompatible. In the case the TP is just bugged, or you were using the SuperSecretSettings, either way it could be just a texture glitch and will be fixed once you completely exit the game and restart.

Edit: Then again, I could be completely wrong and it was just a random occurrence. My apologies if I sound all over the place, I haven't had much sleep and so on.
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline Velociraptor15

• Donator
  • hello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ve1ociraptor
« Reply #3 on July 12, 2016, 08:59:46 AM »
yes PixelProne might be right or something
what do i put here

Offline CattAngel

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on July 12, 2016, 06:10:02 PM »
she was not using a texture pack and I could not find the super secret settings anymore.

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on July 13, 2016, 12:39:53 PM »
Yeah, the super secret settings can't be accessed without using commands now, so it couldn't be that.

I'm not really too sure, but my best guess would that be that it is a random occurrence? Normally, exiting out of Minecraft and re-launching it would probably fix it if its just a random occurrence. If it is still happening, these would be my other guesses as to why it might be happening.

• When you updated to 1.9 / 1.10 for the first time, your download might have bugged out and caused a texture glitch with the default resource pack. Maybe there were some conflicting files or something, I'm not too sure.
  • If you have any mods for Minecraft that were active when you joined the server, such as optifine, it could have caused the textures to bug out. If you did have a version of optifine that you were using at the time, I'd suggest not using it anymore.

Other than that, I'd have no clue why this would happen.

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on July 18, 2016, 11:03:24 PM »
Speaking of super secret settings, anyone know why it was removed from the settings page? It was very convenient where it was.

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
  • I like games, music, cute animals, & social media.
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PixelProne
« Reply #7 on July 19, 2016, 12:34:48 AM (Edited July 19, 2016, 12:39:54 AM) »
Speaking of super secret settings, anyone know why it was removed from the settings page? It was very convenient where it was.
My apologies for a late reply, a lot of stuff is happening in my real life currently. The removal may be due to potential complaints in the past. In all honesty, I have a feeling it was removed from the official 1.9 update because of the changes made to the graphics renderer. I haven't looked into the Super Secret Settings button removal myself, though I did come across this,
Quote from: Unknown Source
The shader functionality accessible through Super Secret Settings is currently undergoing a full rewrite, according to Minecraft developer Eric Broes, and so the button was temporarily removed. It's possible it may not return and that shaders may come back with some other method of accessibility.
This is a dated quote, but it does provide some insight into the dissappearance of Super Secret Settings in the settings menu. Like ApolloMew said, the Settings can't be used without commands anymore. If you have any dated mods in your folder (old OptiFine, minimap, cosmetic mods), that could be part of the problem. Seeing you had no texturepack, try enabling a simple, lightweight texturepack. In the case none of our suggestions work, a quick and complete reinstall of Minecraft may be in order.

Once again, I'd like to apologize if I'm all over the place or don't make much sense when replying. It's nice to be on the forums once again.
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*