Famcraft

Author Topic: Glitches I have noticed since the more recent updates  (Read 2565 times)

Offline HarryTheFirst

• Donator
  • Love to play
    • View Profile
Glitches I have noticed since the more recent updates
« Opened on August 11, 2016, 06:40:24 AM »
I know I have mentioned some of these online but I though best to record them here too for posterity:

- Items put in ender chest in Prose Mall disappearing (reported to Anna)
- My own inventory changing (almost like the last five minutes before I logged off were wiped) (ditto Anna)
- Descending on lifts causing the 'taking damage' noise (reported to Gaz and Madspawner)
- Being glitched resulting in placing an iron block in my home base (not where intended) and that block immediately disappearing but not reappearing in my inventory (reported to Madspawner)
- Getting stuck and unable to move on the pumpkin field in Public Farms (unreported as yet)
- Regular glitches causing me to turn abruptly through (for example) 90 degrees, and if in the middle of doing something, can cause an unintended action (unreported as yet)
- Lagging (unreported as yet)

The staff here do an amazing job and these are no way intended as a whinge, it's merely to help inform staff of my own experiences.

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
- Items put in ender chest in Prose Mall disappearing (reported to Anna)
- My own inventory changing (almost like the last five minutes before I logged off were wiped) (ditto Anna)
I suspect these two things are related, and caused by me mis-configuring a plugin we use when we did the 1.10.2 update recently. If that was the cause, this should be a one-off thing and was only a problem that one time. I resolved the issue as soon as we realized what had happened. If you're still seeing this, don't hesitate to let us know.

- Descending on lifts causing the 'taking damage' noise (reported to Gaz and Madspawner)
This sounds like it might just be a client-side issue. If it doesn't actually hurt you, I'd say it's safe to ignore.

- Being glitched resulting in placing an iron block in my home base (not where intended) and that block immediately disappearing but not reappearing in my inventory (reported to Madspawner)
I'm not sure on that one, is it possible the mined item dropped and flew somewhere you couldn't see?

- Getting stuck and unable to move on the pumpkin field in Public Farms (unreported as yet)
I haven't seen anyone else mentioning any issues like this, but we can certainly look at the pumpkin farm there to see if it would be easy to get stuck.

- Regular glitches causing me to turn abruptly through (for example) 90 degrees, and if in the middle of doing something, can cause an unintended action (unreported as yet)
To me, this sounds like it's something on your end. If you're on a laptop but playing with a mouse, is it possible you're accidentally hitting your track pad while playing? The server does not control where you're walking or looking, with the exception of being teleported, so I don't believe this would be a server-side issue. This sounds like your cursor may be snapping to another position very quickly.

- Lagging (unreported as yet)
The server is located in Texas, USA, if you're far from it geographically, that could lead to high latency and low throughput to the server. This could cause actions such as chatting or breaking/placing blocks to have a slight but noticeable delay, as well as causing the map to load slow after you log in or teleport.

Offline HarryTheFirst

• Donator
  • Love to play
    • View Profile
Thanks for the detailed explanation Kealper. FYI I am using a desktop Mac with a Logitech mouse.

I'll keep at it and report anything new.

Offline IronBlu

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: IronBlu
you might be glitching in the wall a little when you take a lift (happens to me) and suffocate. if you move right after or have  armor usually you don't take actual damage though :o
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly time-y wimey.. stuff.
^  favorite Doctor Who quote

2 seconds is forever. How does that work? It'll take 2 seconds to explain.