Famcraft

Author Topic: Griefing in a Hole  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Taslekio
Griefing in a Hole
« Opened on August 31, 2016, 07:54:34 AM »
I would like to inform the staff of something that recently happened on Famcraft.

A couple of weeks ago, myself, DunnoUsername, and a few other people dug a 16x16 hole to bedrock. Our rule was that everything you found - ore, stone, etc. could be kept - except for diamond and emerald, which had to be shared equally.

Today I started building a structure out of andesite, and I went down to collect some. When I got there, I was shocked.

We had a staircase that went down, for easier access. The first thing I noticed was that sections of it were not intact; I jumped them easily to get down. There was tnt everywhere; holes in the walls, and chests full of iron and redstone blown up. I will talk to DunnoUsername and ask him, but I think because it's really close to the warp wild gate, it was griefed.

I don't know who did it; I have no idea.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Griefing in a Hole
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2016, 03:04:32 PM »
 I'm very sorry this happened. The player who did this had already been banned for another grief- he won't be returning to Famcraft. I have visited the area and reversed the damage. Once you get a chance to check it out, please let me know if anything is still out of place and we will get you fixed up. Thank you for reporting this.

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on September 03, 2016, 02:34:30 PM »
I apologize for this message. I talked to ~SirLord and he explained using magical staff powers that it was in fact Dunno who blew it up. I emailed him about it and he has yet to reply.

Sorry about this guys, I probably should have checked first.

Thanks,
tas

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on September 03, 2016, 04:16:26 PM »
 But it wasn't just him. I used my magical staff powers too, and I can assure you a significant amount of griefing occurred by a player who was banned the day before for tnt-griefing another home. The griefers actions were reversed.

Offline DunnoUsername

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on September 04, 2016, 08:16:04 PM »
I was there, and, yes I TNT-ed in the hole. However, I did not know there were any valuables in the chest. I can replace them if Taslekio wants me to, and I am very sorry for what I did. I will not do it again. I was not intending to destroy the chest. Also, I forgot completely about the chest when I did it, and if that passed through my mind, I would have not done it. I am very sorry, Taslekio and Rubens.

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on September 06, 2016, 11:56:15 AM »
Dear Dunno and Rubens,

That's okay Dunno, you definitely don't have to replace the chest. The hole is as much yours as mine. It's quite alright. It may even be partly my fault - I left some TNT in one of the chests after excavating some dirt with it.

Unless you feel the need to replace 100 stacks of cobble, you don't need to Dunno :P

Sorry for the misunderstanding guys,
Taslekio