Famcraft

Author Topic: Mind Games!  (Read 14366 times)

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Taslekio
Mind Games!
« Opened on October 26, 2016, 07:26:04 PM »
Kinda like the Word games one, this one should have harder riddles and more fun!! (No offense.)

The gist of the game is pretty simple: You solve my riddle, then put your own! if no one can solve the most recent riddle in 10 days, whoever posted it wins and we start again!

It's good if they're original, but they don't have to be! Make them hard, but not impossible. People 8 years or over should be able to solve them, with some difficulty.

They can involve math if you want, but brain teasers are great too.
I'll start!

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Games!
« Reply #1 on October 26, 2016, 07:28:47 PM »
Okee.

You have two unmarked pots. There are no markings on them, except you know one, when full, holds 5 litres and the other, when full, holds 3 litres.

You need to get 4 litres in a pot, without any other measurements. You have infinite water, and you can dump out water as you need.

No, you can't write measurements on the pots.

if you have anything other than four litres, you LOSE. How do you get 4 litres?

Remember ... 10 days!

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on October 27, 2016, 08:33:22 AM »
I think I worked it out.

1. Fill the 5 litre pot full of water.
2. Pour water from the 5 litre pot into the 3 litre pot until it is full.
3. Dump out the water from the 3 litre pot.
4. Pour the remaining 2 litres from the 5 litre pot into the 3 litre pot.
5. Fill the 5 litre pot full of water.
6. Pour water from the 5 litre pot into the 3 litre pot, which already has 2 litres.

If I'm correct, you would have 4 litres in the 5 litre pot now. Fun riddle :)

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on October 27, 2016, 08:35:39 AM »
Alright, my turn then.

I'm going to list six words. They may seem nothing alike, but there is one property that does connect them. It is your job to figure out what that property is.

Banana
Uneven
Revive
Assess
Potato
Dresser

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on October 27, 2016, 07:34:00 PM »
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure they all have the same letter more than once? Maybe? That's a good riddle!

Okee.

Imagine you're handcuffed in a straightjacket, tied upside-down with the strongest rope in the world, locked from the outside in an iron box, inside a maximum-security jail cell. How do you get out?

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on November 06, 2016, 07:35:26 PM »
It's been ten days since I posted my riddle, so I won the challenge and we'll start over. The answer to the riddle was "Stop imagining." The riddle said "Imagine you're handcuffed in a ..." so you stop imagining!

The next riddle:

You're locked in a room. The room is empty except for a chocolate cake and a knife. How do you escape?

Remember ... ten days!

Offline LightBulbasaur

• Retired
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Lightbulbasaur
« Reply #6 on November 09, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »
I got dis. So, you cut the cake in half with the knife. Now, you have to halves, and two halves make a whole. Then you crawl through the hole to escape the room! Right ?  :-X

Here's my riddle:
How do you make the number 7 even without using math?
<FamCraftIRC> Supermickey24 was slain by Ender Dragon
<FamCraftIRC> (JrMod: ~BugsBunny) Dragon 1 Mickey 0
<FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Mickey) shh
<FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Mickey) I got dis
<FamCraftIRC> Supermickey24 was slain by Ender Dragon

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on November 09, 2016, 07:56:54 PM »
Take away the S!!!

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on November 09, 2016, 08:04:08 PM (Edited November 10, 2016, 10:15:22 PM) »
Ahh... beat me to it.

Edit:
Uhh, you didn't add a riddle yet, so, I guess I will? Sorry if this one is a bit too hard.

A man gives one of his sons fifteen cents, and he gives ten cents to his other son.
What time is it?

Edit 2:

You are correct Taslekio :D

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on November 10, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »
Took me a while to figure this one out!!  ;D This is a really great riddle!! I collect riddles and memorize them. but I've never heard of this one or even a version of it!!

I went through a couple of possibilities: 10:15, because one son had ten and the other had 15, but that's too easy.

The second possibility was that the entire thing was a complete trick question, the money part had nothing to do with it, and the answer was simply the time at which I was reading the question (7:31 p.m.) But that wouldn't make sense.

I was fooling around with the numbers themselves. 10 + 15 is 25, and I was working that around, too. Then I realized: 25 is a quarter of 100 (or 1$, or 100 cents). The answer is 1:45 - "a quarter to two" because the two sons got a quarter in total.

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on November 11, 2016, 07:49:57 PM »
Okay.

Three men decide to stay the night in a hotel. They get a room together and the receptionist tells them the room is 30$, so they each pay 10$. Once they get to their room, the receptionist realizes he made a mistake and that the room was only worth 25$, so he sends a bellman to give the men their 5$.
The bellman, who was greedy and selfish, took 2$ for himself and gave the men 1$ each. The men got one dollar back from their ten, meaning they each paid 9$. Together, that makes 27 dollars, plus the 2$ that the bellman took making it 29$. Where did the extra dollar go?

Good luck with this one!

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on November 12, 2016, 08:48:01 AM »
These kinds of riddles make my head hurt so much ;-; but I think I found the solution.

The three men each pay $10, totaling to $30.
The refund was for $5, meaning that the total was only $25.

So, the end result,
The three men have $3, the bellboy has $2, and the receptionist has the $25.

That totals to thirty dollars. :)

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on November 12, 2016, 08:51:04 AM »
Next riddle! As a hint, the answer is a play on words (commonly known as a pun :3)

Forward I am heavy, but backward I am not. What am I?

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on November 12, 2016, 04:45:23 PM »
That answer does work ApolloMew, but it is not the traditional answer  ;D! I asked "Where did the extra dollar go?" not where the 30$ was. The true answer is that there is no missing dollar. The men payed 27$, 25$ of which went to the room and the other 2$ was taking by the bellman. Therefore you can't add 2$ to the 27 because the 2$ was taken out of the 27. The 30$ really doesn't matter anymore.

For an explanation with more detail, imagine the room cost 3000$. The receptionist then  realized the room was only worth 25$, so he sent the bellman up with 2975$. The bellman couldn't figure out how to split 2975$ evenly among the three men so he gave them each 991$ and took 2$ for himself. No one would ever say "This meant that the 3 men each paid $9 for the room, which is a total of $27 add the $2 that the bellboy kept = $29. Where is the other $2971?" That's just ridiculous! It's obvious that the money was simply shared among the men. It's the same with 27 as it is with 2971.

Also, the answer was ton. A ton is heavy, and backwards it spells not.

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on November 16, 2016, 08:01:07 PM »
I forgot to post a riddle, so here goes!  8)

In a village, a man is famous for being a fool. If you offer him is choice of two different coins, he would always choose the coin of lesser value, whether it was the amount, the weight, the quality, etc. No matter what it was, he always chose the option that made him worse off. One man tested him many times, and finally figured out the fool's reasoning. If it isn't terrible luck, why does the fool always take the coin of lesser value?

Sorry of this one's too hard ...  :-X