Famcraft

Author Topic: What to do here  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Makion

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Makion
What to do here
« Opened on December 13, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »
So, I'll admit that I'm new to minecraft. But I've been having a lot of fun, so that's great! I decided to look into servers the other day, and after trying a few others out briefly, I ended up here, and it seems to fit me so far.

Now, being new, I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do here. Or is it really not any different from a single player game? Just extras added on, basically?
Do I need to do some of the jobs? I'm pretty efficient at gathering my own resources, I'm not expecting to need to buy them.
Also, how are automated farms looked at? I'm not planning on anything extreme, just some small ones to produce my needs. I'm not sure if that would be against the rules, by interfering with others shops.. Along that line, I believe that afk fish farms aren't allowed, right? Or would that be OK if I only use it periodically, and not overnight?

I think that's all the questions I have for now. Thanks all!

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: What to do here
« Reply #1 on December 13, 2016, 05:21:13 PM (Edited December 13, 2016, 05:22:49 PM) »
So, I'll admit that I'm new to minecraft. But I've been having a lot of fun, so that's great! I decided to look into servers the other day, and after trying a few others out briefly, I ended up here, and it seems to fit me so far.

That's great. Glad you found us. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Now, being new, I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do here. Or is it really not any different from a single player game? Just extras added on, basically?

Famcraft is primarily a survival server. We play much like you would play survival in single player. We do have the addition of an economy system. We use land protections and several other plugins to keep gameplay safe, fair and fun.

Do I need to do some of the jobs? I'm pretty efficient at gathering my own resources, I'm not expecting to need to buy them.

Making use of the economy is 100% optional. Many players play here with a near vanilla experience and avoid the money aspect of the game entirely.
 If you would like to earn coins to use on the server you can take up to four of the jobs explained at /warp jobs. If you'd prefer to avoid the jobs but need a few coins for teleporting you can collect 1000 coins for free once every 24 hours with /kit allowance . Teleporting costs 100 coins per /tpa or /tpahere request.

Also, how are automated farms looked at? I'm not planning on anything extreme, just some small ones to produce my needs. I'm not sure if that would be against the rules, by interfering with others
shops..
Automated farms are fine as long as you are not doing anything to avoid the 10 minute afk kick.
Along that line, I believe that afk fish farms aren't allowed, right? Or would that be OK if I only use it periodically, and not overnight?

AFK fishing farms are not allowed. Anything that lets you avoid the afk kick is not allowed on Famcraft.

I think that's all the questions I have for now. Thanks all!
Thank you and welcome aboard.