Famcraft

Author Topic: Ban Question (Parent Request)  (Read 2163 times)

Offline EKADad

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Ban Question (Parent Request)
« Opened on January 09, 2017, 10:18:22 PM »
Hello,
This is the father of player EvanKAustin. Within the last couple weeks my son's character was put in the timeout room, and I was wanting to find out why. The chat area of his screen says he has 2 mail messages, but they cannot be opened in the timeout room and this account on the forum where I think I registered his minecraft character does not show any messages when I have checked.

I asked my wife if anything happened that day when I was at work, and she said he was at the farm. My son said he had been harvesting plants, but replanted them; and my wife said he may have killed some chickens, which if so was a miscommunication on my part because I only knew there were cows on the farm, and forgetfulness on his because I told him not to kill any animals there just in case and he said that he forgot that applied to every animal on the farm.

So if there is a way that I could access the mail messages for his character or otherwise get the information on why he was sent to the timeout that would be most helpful so I could help him understand what he needs to make sure he does or does not do in the future, as well as if/when/how the timeout may end. He is on minecraft during the time I am at work, so without that conduit for information from the server administration there is nothing I can do to help make sure everyone else on the server is impacted in a positive way by his presence and that he can be sure to always impact the server positively. Thank you for your time and consideration and working so diligently to make sure that this server is a place for positive experiences. Have a good evening.

EvanKAustin's Dad

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Ban Question (Parent Request)
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2017, 11:00:50 PM »
Hi Dad,

Thanks for taking the time to post an inquiry about Evan's ban. Evan was banned for killing an entire fence full of sheep at the public sheep farm. You have to actually walk through signs reminding you NOT to kill the sheep ti get to them..

These sheep are for all the players to share. Wool is gained by shearing the sheep. It regrows, then other players can can shear them again. If they are killed, they are just gone.

Please help Evan understand that it is very important to be considerate of the rules and of his fellow Famcrafters. Evan has been unbanned this time. Hopefully there will be no further issues. We will look forward to seeing Evan back on the server. Thanks again.

Offline EKADad

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Question (Parent Request)
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2017, 09:00:43 PM »
Thank you for getting back to me. My son is 7, and still learning how to read, which is no excuse, but went past the signs because he couldn't read them. I had told him about not killing any cows, but I didn't know there were sheep there, so I didn't mention those. Since then I have told him to simply not kill any animal at the farm. He said he needed the wool, but I'll look into how he could get it without killing any animals.

As I mentioned before, I'm at work during the time of the day that he is on Minecraft, so if something comes up I won't see it until I come home in the evening. My wife is at home, but she is not savvy with online games and has our daughter to worry about as well. Thank you again for the timely response and he has been instructed on what he did wrong so it shouldn't happen again. Have a good evening!

EKADad