Famcraft

Author Topic: Information and Plea on ban  (Read 1473 times)

Offline chunkyblocks

• View Profile
Information and Plea on ban
« Opened on January 14, 2017, 11:25:22 PM (Edited January 14, 2017, 11:29:15 PM) »
I don't quite know the full story but I will provide some information and apologise for what I assume was my wrongdoing.

Yesterday I was building with 3 other friends in a mostly empty server with 5 players. My friend makes a statement on a Youtuber, apologises and the conversation continues it eventually lead to the same person mentioning something in german (as a joke, because it was relevant to the conversation in the call) everything seems fine with the other players then i say danke (which is thank you or thanks) in german because again it was relevant. My other friend mentions a basic Spanish sentence and the conversation ceases. We continue building until we eventually log off. We try to log on the next day to find we have been perma banned.

I know that speaking in another language is against the rules but I do not believe that saying one word in another language that was relevant to the conversation deserves a permanent ban, if any further information can be acquired that would be appreciated. And if that information provides evidence of a further consequential action then I am sorry. 

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Information and Plea on ban
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2017, 11:38:58 PM »
 This reply will be used on all related ban pleas.

You and your friends were reminded to use "English Only" in chat. You were all banned when a couple of you continued after being asked nicely to stop. You were not banned immediately only because the admin team did not see it till a bit later while we were reviewing the chat logs.

Additionally, you were banned for making an extremely tacky joke about "comptonese". That type of statement absolutely will not be tolerated on Famcraft. It is not cute or funny. It's not witty or clever. It was entirely uncalled for and if we ever see anything like it again you will not be welcome back.

Famcraft is strictly family friendly. We ask that all rules are followed, that you pay attention to staff guidance, and that you think before you speak while on this server.

I am going to unban all of you this time as we've never had any issues like this in the past. Please make every effort to follow the rules. We will see you on the server.