Famcraft

Author Topic: Plea For My Daughter  (Read 2038 times)

Offline KLG_dad

• Beginner
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: KittenLoverGurl
Plea For My Daughter
« Opened on February 28, 2017, 10:20:27 PM (Edited February 28, 2017, 10:22:55 PM) »
Hello,
I'm not sure what my step-daughter did, she just started crying and won't tell me the whole story of how she got banned. I should have understood the entirety of the rules and made sure she understood. This is not so much a plea, as it is a request for more information on the action.

If you would like to email me or share with me the logs of exactly why the ban took place,  it would greatly help me in communicating with her why this has happened. Her username I made for is KittenLoverGurl.

My email is (removed to prevent spam). I look forward to your reply, and thank you for any more information to help me communicate the consequences of her actions in a peaceful manner.

-Greg

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Plea For My Daughter
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2017, 10:33:42 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for posting an inquiry about Kitten's ban. We were hoping she would post a plea or ask a parent for help.

Here on Famcraft we have a very strict no griefing policy. We also really value honesty.

We keep records of every single block transaction on the server so we always know exactly who broke/placed blocks.

A player reported that a block had been placed in his area without permission. Inspection revealed that Kitten had placed the block.
 We asked her about it, and she was not honest with us. She insisted she did not place the block. We reminded her to be honest and mentioned it again. She changed the subject and ignored our request for her to apologize to the other player.

When I let her know that she needed to reply, her reaction was less than ideal. She demanded "ban me!" so.. we did. This was not the best way for her to handle this situation. A simple "I'm sorry" to the other player would have prevented the ban.

If Kitten returns, she can avoid situations like this in the future by not breaking or placing blocks in another player's area without their permission, and by being honest with the staff team if she is asked about something.

[21:39] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09GalaxyGamer29: but who placed it
[21:39] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 07SrMod07: ~Brad07~06✯05☣: KittenLoverGurl
[21:39] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09KittenLoverGurl: idk?
[21:39] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 07SrMod07: ~Brad07~06✯05☣: Kitten placed it
[21:39] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09GalaxyGamer29: kitten i asked you if you placed it
[21:40] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09KittenLoverGurl: nu
[21:40] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09GalaxyGamer29: and you said no
[21:40] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09KittenLoverGurl: I did not place it!
[21:40] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09KittenLoverGurl: I did not place it!

[21:40] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09KittenLoverGurl: im not lying
[21:40] <+FamcraftIRC> [g] 05Admin: RubensCherub ❤: KittenLoverGurl- ^honest
[21:40] <+plenary> [365] ^honest: Please always remember to be honest with other players. Wanting to keep personal details private, such as your real name and age, is perfectly fine. Online safety matters. However, please do not fib about game/server related things. We value your honesty.
[21:40] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 07SrMod07: ~Brad07~06✯05☣: KittenLoverGurl, we keep logs of everything placed/broken here.
[21:40] <+FamcraftIRC> [g] 05Admin: RubensCherub ❤: Kitten, we can totally tell that you did
[21:40] <+FamcraftIRC> [g] 05Admin: RubensCherub ❤: KittenLoverGurl, you will need to be honest to play here

[21:41] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09KittenLoverGurl: can someone pls tell me how to make a creeper on my banner

[21:42] <+FamcraftIRC> [g] 05Admin: RubensCherub ❤: KittenLoverGurl- I think you need to reply to what we've said and apologize to GalaxyGamer29

[21:42] <+FamcraftIRC> [g] 05Admin: RubensCherub ❤: KittenLoverGurl- are we clear?
[21:42] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09KittenLoverGurl: im sorry band me if you want i lie BAND ME
[21:42] <+FamcraftIRC> [g] 05Admin: RubensCherub ❤: ok
[21:42] <+FamcraftIRC> 09KittenLoverGurl was kicked (Banned: You have been banned, make a plea at FamCraft.com!) (On Main)

Offline KLG_dad

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2017, 10:46:13 PM »
Hello,
Thank you for sharing. I will convey to her about this. I was worried she was not being completely clear about the subject.

This clears everything up; I understand the cause of the ban and totally understand her response,  as my daughter can be extremely stubborn, especially when she is trying to avoid trouble or gets caught breaking rules. 

I have already let her know that the admins of the server can see, and they log all conversations and activity that her character takes.

If you can release her from the ban, as she has proclaimed, that this is one of her favorite servers, it would be greatly appreciated. If any further actions on her part require you to ban her again, we will understand that, and it would be a consequence of her not following the rules. Tomorrow when she gets on, she will personally write an apology to the player that reported the violation.

Thank you again for your response. I understand that the rules are meant to keep the server family friendly and whole.

Thank you for your consideration.

Warm Regards,
-Greg

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on February 28, 2017, 10:53:09 PM »
 Thank you! We really appreciate parents who take the time to be involved in helping make sure their children know and follow the rules. It helps to build a safe, strong community where the players all share a mutual respect for one another.
 I feel confident that once you and Kitten have spoken about this she will understand how to avoid situations like this in the future. Her ban has been lifted.

And Dad.. we do have many parents and grandparents who play here too. Always feel free to hop in game and say hello.

We will look forward to seeing Kitten back on the server soon.     

Offline KLG_dad

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on February 28, 2017, 11:00:15 PM »
Hello,
Thank you, so much. I may hop on my own account soon (once I purchase another license for it on another computer).

I love the invite, I will see you soon. I'd love to hang out and chill with my daughter on here. I used to love minecraft, a couple years ago. Just have never played on multiplayer or online servers. Mostly just single player.

Thank you for the invite, and thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
-Greg

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2017, 04:20:19 PM »
 Hello again, Dad,

Posting this here in case you return to learn more about Kitten's ban.

Kitten is currently perm-banned for griefing.

She removed carpets, flowers, a skull and other items from another players home/area without permission.

We take griefing very seriously here on Famcraft as players spend a great deal of time and effort to collect and gather their items, and then build and decorate their homes. Famcraft is based on respecting the rules and respecting your fellow Famcrafters.

As for now, Kitten is perm  banned. If she would like to take the time to read the rules, then write her own plea explaining why she will not behave like this again, we may be able to get her back on the server.

To help you both understand a little more about griefing, Here are some of the things that count as griefing-

* Removing any block another player placed without that player's permission

*Placing a protection stone in another player's area

*Harvesting another player's crops without their permission

*Killing another player's animals without their permission

*Claiming/protecting another players pet without permission (Example: taming a wolf, protecting a horse)

*Removing/changing landscape features in another players "yard" (What is directly visible from their home)

*Placing blocks in another player's area without permission

*Taking items from another player's chest without permission (Stealing/griefing)

*Keeping a players items after PvP if you did not agree to at first (Stealing)

*Not replanting at public/shared/clan farms

*Leaving any locked item such as a chest, furnace or pet in another player's space or a public location

You can review the rules here:
https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html

and here:
https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,10386.0.html