Famcraft

Author Topic: Plea to unban BoltBlaze  (Read 1918 times)

Offline BoltBlaze

• Beginner
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: BoltBlaze
Plea to unban BoltBlaze
« Opened on April 01, 2017, 06:28:24 PM »
Hello,

My child was kicked and banned very shortly after joining the server. He states all he did was type some garbage text into the chat. Can you confirm this is what banned him and can we get this corrected?

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Plea to unban BoltBlaze
« Reply #1 on April 01, 2017, 06:31:59 PM »
all he did was type some garbage text into the chat

Correct, which is against the rules. We do not allow spam in chat. This is explained on the rule wall when players join the server.

[18:10] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] 09BoltBlaze: asaasawgrger9gtue58uh6

If he would like to return he can let us know he understands the rules- and will follow them- and we can give him another chance. We do expect all players to know and follow the rules.

Thank you.

Offline BoltBlaze

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on April 01, 2017, 08:13:45 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply. I have talked to him about it and suspected it was due to spam. He is not really proficient at typing or paying attention to the chat to know when a moderator may be talking to him which I see is another rule he may break if he does not respond. I can understand rules and it's great you are strictly monitoring them. I think he existed on the server for < 10 minutes today in total. I'm surprised all it took was one line and no warning? However it's not my opinion that matters. His expectation is just to play in a world with others not to necessarily msg them or anyone else for that matter. The concept of chat isn't completely understood at this point, I'm certain it was not with intent. Are you able to give him another go if I explain to him chat cannot be used?

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on April 01, 2017, 08:47:34 PM »
  We do not us a warning system. The warning is the fact that it is a rule. We are quick to ban players who do not follow the rules. We're not worried about having a large community, just a safe and well behaved one.

You can see an easy to understand, kid-friendly version of the rules here:
https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,10386.0.html

We will unban BoltBlaze at this time. Please help him make sure he understands the rules. Thank you.

Offline BoltBlaze

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on April 02, 2017, 08:18:56 AM »
Thank you