Famcraft

Author Topic: I got banned for my new name  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Doodleman_42

• View Profile
I got banned for my new name
« Opened on May 01, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »
I recently changed my Minecraft name to be LordEngrish and I got banned because my name is apparently not acceptable on the server. I was wondering what about my name was wrong and what I should change about it if I can fix it. Thx
Only play this server:)

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: I got banned for my new name
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2017, 11:07:58 PM »
Hey Doodleman,
 Thanks for posting a plea. We'd like to get you unbanned quickly. The word "Engrish" is commonly used as a way to be insulting of certain dialect.
 While we understand you are probably not trying to be offensive but we do have that word in our filter as it is insulting enough to warrant blocking it from chat.
 As soon as you have a name that falls within the Famcraft rules please let us know and we will get you unbanned asap. Thank you for understanding.

Offline Doodleman_42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on June 02, 2017, 06:27:52 PM »
sorry i took so long to reply but I'm currently changing my name now. Thx for the help. Also sorry for not posting this in the name changes thing, I must've missed it

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #3 on June 02, 2017, 10:53:12 PM »
I see you've changed your name to "CherubEnglish". To me this feels like a cheap shot and I think that there is too much confusion that would take place with a name that close to a well-established admin's name. I will not allow that name on the server, sorry.

Offline Doodleman_42

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on June 06, 2017, 07:04:50 PM »
I didn't intend for that at all. I wasn't even thinking about it. But now I can't change my name for a while so I guess I'll get back to you in like a month.