Famcraft

Author Topic: What does Donating mean to you?  (Read 2039 times)

Offline PegLegPegasus

• Donator
  • Apofiss cats will rule de world!
    • View Profile
What does Donating mean to you?
« Opened on May 23, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »
So a friend and I were debating some philosophical questions, and this one popped into my mind: What does donating mean to you.

I tweaked it a little so everyone could answer it, so it now looks like this: Donors: what does your donation mean to you? and Non-donors: What does donating mean to you?

Let me give some background. When I joined Famcraft in 2014, I was immature. Since then, Famcraft and real life things have changed me, and through that I have matured. I realized that I feel like my donor rank did influence that (I know that donor rank only adds a few perks and doesn't have very much effect on actual gameplay, but I was wondering). I like helping people, and, as a donor, I feel like it's my responsibility to help others on Famcraft. This is just my view on what my donation means to me, but I'm interesting in seeing how other players view the donor rank.
"Well why didn't you do it when you had the chance?"

This is me.

Offline PlurbehGurbeh

• Donator
  • Yay It's Coop
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PlurbehGurbeh
Re: What does Donating mean to you?
« Reply #1 on May 23, 2017, 07:43:39 PM »
It means that I like famcraft and it makes me feel liked I've helped the server by being a donor.I don't think nessarily means you have experience ,though since some players buy it right after they join.

Offline Kenny

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: aNinjaHobo
« Reply #2 on May 23, 2017, 08:27:23 PM »
Back when I donated most of the money I've donated was to get the cool items and perks the server had offered :P Now I just donate because I enjoy the server and the donations help keep the server up and running :D
BoO

Offline AgentRockStar

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: AgentRockStar
« Reply #3 on May 23, 2017, 09:21:59 PM »
This is AgentMum, but I speak for both of us!
We love the server and how much fun it brings to our lives. We're able to afford to make a donation, so wanted to acknowledge how much we like Famcraft and want to keep it going.
I don't think we have used any of the perks except the dark-green name colour!

Offline Tas

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Taslekio
« Reply #4 on May 24, 2017, 05:46:51 AM »
As a non-donor, I just wanted to be one of those cool people with the dark-green names.

But now that I've been a donor for a while, I realize that there's more to it than that. Donating isn't about getting special perks or having a different color - it's the fact that I've done my share to help Famcraft become what it is. And that's what makes me happy.