Famcraft

Author Topic: Farmer Job  (Read 2015 times)

Offline b0bby1025

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: FirstTiger
Farmer Job
« Opened on July 18, 2017, 03:02:58 PM »
Wake up at 5, milk the cows, plant stuff, do whatever farmers do, go to bed, repeat. That's the daily life of a farmer according to some book my little sister has. Seems like a nice life, and it pays the bills. But along came the auto farms. Able to churn out sugar, melons, pumpkins and wheat at rates farmers could barely make in a month. The farmer is slowly being put out of business by machines. There's one thing machines can't do, and that is craft. Farmers sometimes craft hoes to till the soil of their farms, which have to be massive to compete in today's economy. If only farmers got paid for crafting food. That was to whole point of all these words. To ask if you can add food crafting to Farmers payroll. And if they do get paid for crating food, you can disregard this entire paragraph.

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
  • Professional Blue Koala 🐨
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: StitchAKA626
Re: Farmer Job
« Reply #1 on July 18, 2017, 04:10:33 PM »
For one, the Famcraft farmer job has not really been affected by the existence of redstone farms at all! You're still free to harvest crops yourself to make money under the job - that's the point. Allowing players to make money from [crafting] the results of high-yield auto-farms could potentially throw the job and/or the economy off-balance. Checking '/jobs info farmer' shows that players earn money for breaking crops like wheat, carrots, and potatoes, and blocks like melon, pumpkins, cocoa beans, and cactus! Players also earn money for crafting hoes and killing farm animals - cows, pigs, and chickens. Players tend to have to work their jobs to make money (with a debatable exception being iron bar/anvil crafting, but I feel that be partly due to the high entry price of an iron golem spawner).

That's just my input, of course! :P Perhaps we may see some food-crafting job additions in the future!

"Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

Hello! I'm Stitch! A blue alien koala who sometimes plays as a gray African Wild Dog named Layden!