Famcraft

Author Topic: Question about a ban  (Read 1977 times)

Offline BigWig6

• Beginner
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: BigWig6
Question about a ban
« Opened on September 03, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
My son, BigWig6, was just banned for language and neither of us understands why. He said that in conversation with another player, the other player suggested making "TP boats" and BigWig6 replied that they would need torpedoes. He thought the other player meant "PT boat" (as in Patrol Torpedo boat). If there is something more that was said, can you please share that with me so I can talk to him about it? Thank you.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Question about a ban
« Reply #1 on September 03, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »
 Thank you for inquiring about this ban.

BigWig is a good player and he always keeps his language family friendly. It appears he was auto-banned by a plugin that helps us watch for particularly vile words. The plugin saw a bad word within a word BigWig typed, and banned. For example, if the word "top" were in the filter, it would ban for "stop".

Bigwig did not say or so anything wrong and he is unbanned and free to play.

My apologies for the mix up. We do run several strict filters here because we like to keep things 100% family friendly. Once in a while we do run into something like this but over all, we think it's better to be safe than sorry.

We will look forward to seeing BigWig back in game.

Offline BigWig6

• Beginner
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: BigWig6
Re: Question about a ban
« Reply #2 on September 03, 2017, 03:14:56 PM »
Thanks so much for your quick response. I understand the need for strict filters and it's helpful to know about them. I also appreciate that you err on the side of caution in providing a 100% family friendly environment. He will be so relieved to learn he didn't do anything wrong, and to rejoin the server. Thank you!