Famcraft

Author Topic: Horse/Llama bugs  (Read 3827 times)

Offline mehrcraft

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: mehrcraft
Horse/Llama bugs
« Opened on November 05, 2017, 10:27:28 AM »
There are a lot of strange things going on with the horse plugin.

- Sometimes horses disappear from their pen, but they still show in the list.

- TPing them to me, Storing them, and Summoning back tend to return them... sort of.  Sometimes it is not the same horse/llama.  Other times, it is a baby.  Other times they end up multiplying, ending up with numbered horses coming instead of the ones I summoned.

In other words, all kinds of strange things happen.  In the end I ended up with about twice as many horses and llamas as I should have had, but they were not the good looking ones I had to begin with. 

All in all I would not call this critical, but it almost defeats the purpose of the horse plugin.

Bad for me and bad for the server as the population increases through bugs.

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
Re: Horse/Llama bugs
« Reply #1 on November 05, 2017, 11:43:51 AM (Edited November 05, 2017, 11:47:14 AM) »
Thank you for the report, we're already aware of the issues present with the plugin and we're currently looking into a fix for the problems, although there is no ETA.

Without going into too much detail, the problem stems from the fact that the plugin is poorly designed and was not meant to run at the scale we operate at, and modifications to the plugin to allow it to do so were not without their drawbacks.

In the mean time, if you protect something it manages and you leave the area for at least 60 seconds (as in completely leaving the area by going to spawn, the mall, etc), when you go back to that new horse, it should store/summon/tp/etc as you would expect.

Offline AgentRockStar

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: AgentRockStar
« Reply #2 on November 06, 2017, 10:14:07 PM »
This is AgentMum.
In Wastelands, I couldn't see any of my horses in /horse list. I still have the horses - some are wandering round my base.
I tamed a new one, and that shows up.

Offline Zerop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Zerop
« Reply #3 on September 06, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »
Zhorse seems to offer much the same functionality and looks like it's currently being maintained.

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #4 on September 06, 2018, 11:08:22 AM »
We did check out ZHorse as a potential replacement a while back but what we finally settled on should be much better-suited for us, though that replacement will come with 1.13 once we're able to update to that. Once we've got it in place, we'll get more info about how to use it out there to everyone. A challenge with something like a protection plugin swap is that we must create tools to import the data from one plugin to the other in a way that the replacement plugin will understand.

Offline Zerop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Zerop
« Reply #5 on September 06, 2018, 01:26:01 PM »
Speak to me not of data models and conversion! I come here to get away from my day job!  :)