Famcraft

Author Topic: Pardon my affinity for quake pro.  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Chrono

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Pardon my affinity for quake pro.
« Opened on November 19, 2017, 09:00:00 PM »
Howdy friends. Chronomad(Auzeru,Soma) here. So I joined the server after a really long time today. I tried to mention something about how the FOV (field of view) was bad and how I needed to swap to quake pro, only to have the statement flagged and my account subsequently banned. I don't remember my exact wording of the comment, but I certainly didn't swear! Any answers would be super. Thanks in advance.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Pardon my affinity for quake pro.
« Reply #1 on November 19, 2017, 09:25:44 PM (Edited November 19, 2017, 09:27:34 PM) »
 Hey Soma,

We see now, and we will get you unbanned so you can join and play.

You joined with what was seen as a rather negative, snarky attitude towards the players welcoming you back. While we were processing what you said, the filter caught mention of a mature rated video game and you were banned.

We do see now that the video game reference was the name of an actual game setting so we do understand that you were not trying to mention the mature-rated game it's self. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

You might still want to take it easy as far as things like telling the other players not to welcome you back- they were just happy to see a player join and wanted to offer up a "WB!" in the spirit of the Famcraft way.
  We do have players of all ages and some of them become confused when their kindness and hospitality is met with what comes across as negativity. Thanks for understanding. We'll look forward to seeing you back on the server.

Offline Chrono

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: Pardon my affinity for quake pro.
« Reply #2 on November 19, 2017, 09:28:50 PM »
I see, thanks for taking the time out Anna. I'll keep any sarcastic comments to myself eh?