Famcraft

Author Topic: Do random mob spawn room farms work on famcraft?  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Klynton

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Klynton
Do random mob spawn room farms work on famcraft?
« Opened on January 17, 2018, 08:27:56 AM »
I've seen alot on the net about making small (or big) dark rooms that spawn random mobs and then use a killing method (drop/lavablade/etc.) to collect items (not xp). The idea is to just go AFK and when u come back you have tons of drops.

Obviously going AFK is out of the question, but I spend a lot of time near my base so if I had one far enough Way to get monsters to spawn(and close enough) near my base I could collect items without any effort.

3 things.  1 is this legal on famcraft (without afking) 2 does it work on famcraft server? 3. Anyone have a working one that I could check out to get ideas?

Offline Kenny

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: aNinjaHobo
Re: Do random mob spawn room farms work on famcraft?
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2018, 09:44:46 AM »
1) Yes, and you can AFK, you'll just get kicked after 10 minutes from the AFK kick.
2) It would probably work, but with all the players I don't think it will be crazy fast.
3) I've seen some people make them, just ask around in chat.
BoO

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Do random mob spawn room farms work on famcraft?
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »
To hop on what Kenny said, yes they are allowed, and they work best when there are low numbers of players on the server.  If there are 4-6 players on you will see much better spawn rates than if there are 25+ players on.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...