Famcraft

Author Topic: Updating to 1.13  (Read 1950 times)

Offline DDHarriman

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: DDHarriman
Updating to 1.13
« Opened on September 08, 2018, 07:39:28 PM »
I browsed through the forums, but didn't come across anything, so I thought I'd ask.  Can you let us know your thoughts on updating to 1.13?  We just searched for a nice place for a beachfront cottage, in anticipation of an update soon to come, but I wanted to check that it actually is in the works!

- Any guestimate on timeframe?
- Will chunks that have already generated change?  (If I just went to a new part of the map, and found a nice beach, will the surrounding water area change with the update? Or do I really need to wait until you update before I move into a new area and have it spawn more chunks?)

We looked for a nice beachfront in anticipation of an upcoming upgrade, but I don't want to build much if we will have to move elsewhere to see all the new stuff.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

DDHarriman

Offline ChrisKnight44

• SrMod
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ChrisKnight44
Re: Updating to 1.13
« Reply #1 on September 11, 2018, 08:21:44 AM »
The only thing I can tell you for certain is that any chunks that are loaded now on 1.12.2 will not be updated to the new 1.13 terrain.  So if you want the new ocean types to generate in front of your cottage, you would need to wait for the server to be updated to 1.13.

Offline DDHarriman

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: DDHarriman
Re: Updating to 1.13
« Reply #2 on September 12, 2018, 06:09:33 PM »
Ok, that's helpful, thank you.