Famcraft

Author Topic: What we've been working on! 1.13!  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
What we've been working on! 1.13!
« Opened on January 26, 2019, 10:15:53 PM (Edited January 29, 2019, 10:25:29 AM) »
Howdy all!

This has been the most technically challenging update that we've had to go through. As some of you know, the update from 1.12 to 1.13 removed the block IDs, and blocks are now addressed by block names, breaking a lot of things. Quite a few of our plugins have either had manual code changes, updates, or in some cases removal all-together. The update process for this is multi-day and requires downtime, so we wanted to share our plan moving forward:

Our Famcraft classic map has been updated to 1.13!!! Please feel free to join the server on 1.13.2, and do "/server classic" to visit it on 1.13! You can use "/warp aquatic" to go to a new map that's all 1.13 as well! Please make sure to explore far before building!

The Main server needs to be taken down for the multi-day process of converting it to 1.13 as well. However - Classic(1.13.2 only), skyblock, games, and wastelands(1.12.2/1.13.2) will still be available to play on during this time. We hope to start this process sometime next week.
Once the main map is updated, we will bring that server back online, and make it the default server when new people join, and you can return to playing on it. We hope to do this sometime next week if things go well with testing.

Our ask from players:
The staff and admins have done lots of testing on our 1.13 test server, but we never seem to find all the bugs. We would like everyone to play on classic! Join on 1.13.2, switch over to classic, and play like normal! Let us know of bugs, or if something doesn't work quite right. Feel free to post here, or put in a ticket to address it!

Thank you for your patience while we work on this over the next few weeks!

- Thoatt

Disclaimer - Although we have not found any game-breaking bugs or serious issues, if any arise that we can't resolve, we may have to roll the classic server back to 1.12.

Update:
Things are looking good so far, and we have taken main down for conversion. Thank you for your patience while we work on the conversion.

Offline Kenny

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: aNinjaHobo
Re: What we've been working on! 1.13!
« Reply #1 on January 29, 2019, 12:30:28 PM »
Sweet beans! 8)
BoO

Offline coletrain66

• Can't Stop the Train Baby
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ColeTrain66
« Reply #2 on February 02, 2019, 12:53:52 PM »
Thanks for all your work. I know it must be a lot.
Would you do me a favor and post here when it's up and running?
If not here, let me know where.
I am happy to be a tester, if you need one.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2019, 05:49:30 PM »
UPDATE:

Famcraft is now running 1.13 on both the Classic and Main server! Thank you all for your patience during our downtime for the update. Have fun!

Offline Shootkapow

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Shootkapow
« Reply #4 on February 13, 2019, 09:22:37 AM »
That's great! Thank you for all the amazing work you do for the server!
They say that the world is a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libing his lines.          -Bill Watterson

Offline TheMiningGecko

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: TheMiningGecko
« Reply #5 on February 13, 2019, 11:43:58 AM »
Yay! :)
Don't bother asking why my profile pic is a cracked iron golem...