Famcraft

Author Topic: Nether Portal Gltch  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Shootkapow

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Shootkapow
Nether Portal Gltch
« Opened on January 28, 2019, 07:39:05 PM »
I went to the nether and got some quartz, but when I went back in the portal, i came out somewhere else and i was trapped in a nether portal surrounded with cobblestone on another player's territory, so i couldn't break the blocks to get out! I cant open my inventory or use the chat window, so i can't ask for help or tp out, and my only other hope of getting out is a pigman walking through the portal, letting it kill me, using /back, and then teleporting back to stargate, but no pigmen are coming! can someone come help me? i'm on random 2, in the large cobblestone area, hidden from view. i also want to know what the heck happened...
They say that the world is a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libing his lines.          -Bill Watterson

Offline ChrisKnight44

• SrMod
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ChrisKnight44
Re: Nether Portal Gltch
« Reply #1 on January 29, 2019, 07:55:46 AM »
It is common for nether portals to link up this way.  Since the distance traveled in the nether covers 8x that distance in the overworld, if a nether portal is made close enough in an existing one in the overworld, it will link to an existing gate in the nether.  So what probably happened is you went through a gate in the overworld that had linked to an existing gate in the nether.

If you ever get stuck at all, you can always use "/spawn" to teleport to spawn.

Also consider setting up a teleport home at your base/home.  If you are standing in your base use the command "/sethome <name>" to set a home teleport.  Say you use the name "base" it would be "/sethome base".  You can use this in the overworld, nether, and end.  So you go mining quartz and get a full inventory, use the command "/home base" and you will be instantly teleported from the nether into your base.

Offline Shootkapow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on January 29, 2019, 09:44:12 AM »
I know about the /spawn command, and i'm grateful fr the advice on /base, but i'm stuck in the nether portal and can't open the command window to use /spawn! i'm also in someone else's city limits, so i can't mine out, so i might need someone to come help me, i'm on random 2, i think near the portal to that world, in a large cobble stone area, i think my name tag will show up, please look for me! probably on Tuesday, January 29, 2019.
They say that the world is a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libing his lines.          -Bill Watterson

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on January 29, 2019, 09:47:10 AM »
 You've been relocated to spawn.

Offline Shootkapow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on January 29, 2019, 03:15:06 PM »
Yay! thank you soooooo much!