Famcraft

Author Topic: Switching Ownership Between Accounts Possible?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline joshk

• View Profile
Switching Ownership Between Accounts Possible?
« Opened on February 21, 2019, 10:42:38 AM »
Hi, my son was previously using one account, but when we gave him a computer, he created a new account. Now he's wondering if it's possible to transfer ownership of his old account property to his new account. I will still use his old account, so we're not asking for a deletion or anything, but so he can now own his old stuff again. If this is a super quick and easy thing, we'd appreciate it. If it's not, or not possible, don't sweat it. Just asking so we know. I'm not sure what can be done on the server side or not. Thanks.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Switching Ownership Between Accounts Possible?
« Reply #1 on February 21, 2019, 10:54:18 AM (Edited February 21, 2019, 10:57:19 AM) »
 Please submit an admin help request and include the old/new account names and we will see what we can do for you. https://tools.famcraft.com/request-an-admin/
 Alternatively, and with less wait time, you can log in on the old account that you will be using and your child can log in on his new account. There, you can /unlock his protections and allow him to /lock them. You can also /ps allow his new name to protection fields, or break the fields and allow him to replace them.
 To unlock/relock multiple chests or other protections easily, you can use /cpersist then type /unlock, then click each chest you wish to unlock without re-typing the command each time. When you are done, type /cpersist again to turn off this feature. The same command can be used to quickly relock multiple chests in the new name.

Offline joshk

• View Profile
Re: Switching Ownership Between Accounts Possible?
« Reply #2 on June 27, 2019, 03:57:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I haven't been on before this, but we also have a little 1 & 1/2 year old running around keeping us busy.  ;D When we can both go online, we'll give your second option a go and see. We had DSL before and only switched to cable internet this month, so only one of us could play at a time before.