Famcraft

Author Topic: Rules Questions  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Shootkapow

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Shootkapow
Rules Questions
« Opened on March 08, 2019, 09:59:44 AM »
I wondered if I could create a tree that no one is allowed to chop down. I reviewed the rules, and couldn't find anything that said I could or couldn't, but rule 1 states that: "Greifing (defacing) another player's property" is not allowed, And I wanted to make a very large tree, about 100 blocks or so, in the village I am creating with Little_Elephant and BLOCKHEADZ, so it would technically be my property, as I am creating it, right? It is also stated in rule 7, however, that "Harassment of other players is not allowed," and wondered if making a tree no one could cut down would be considered harassment. It is still my property, but I don't want to make anyone angry or upset in the slightest. If one of the amazing Famcraft staff could find the time to reply to this, that would be great! If you have read this, thank you for your time and for hearing me out.
They say that the world is a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libing his lines.          -Bill Watterson

Offline Shootkapow

• View Profile
Re: Rules Questions
« Reply #1 on March 08, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »
Also, this isn't a very big thing, but Little_Elephant sometimes uses caps when she says no, and I wondered if this was against the rules, since it could be viewed as harassment, but it isn't that big of a deal.
They say that the world is a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libing his lines.          -Bill Watterson

Offline ladywolf_

• SrMod
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ladywolf_
« Reply #2 on March 08, 2019, 03:27:29 PM »
If your building a large tree it is your build and will be protected. However you may want to mark it in some way with a sign or perhaps a fence around it if it looks similar to a tree one might find in the wild for added protection.

If your building this in a shared area you should also be sure it is okay with the other players involved as well to avoid future issues.
“when a child gives you a gift, even if it is a rock they just picked up, exude gratitude. it may be the only thing they have to give, and they have chosen to give it to you”
~ Dean Jackson

Offline ladywolf_

• SrMod
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ladywolf_
« Reply #3 on March 08, 2019, 03:35:05 PM »
If a player uses excessive capitals, then a staff member will correct them as/if needed.
“when a child gives you a gift, even if it is a rock they just picked up, exude gratitude. it may be the only thing they have to give, and they have chosen to give it to you”
~ Dean Jackson

Offline Shootkapow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on March 09, 2019, 09:35:09 AM »
Ok, thanks for the consolation! a rule was added to the rules/jobs board that says not to cut down the tree.