Famcraft

Author Topic: New things/behaviors since 1.13 update  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Zerop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Zerop
New things/behaviors since 1.13 update
« Opened on March 26, 2019, 09:07:33 PM (Edited March 26, 2019, 09:16:11 PM) »
Hi all,

I didn't see a thread discussing what changes and behaviors we have discovered since the update, so I'd like to start one just to stay informed. The thing is, I haven't been on in a while and just came back this week since the update happened and was surprised by a few things. If you have anything to add to this thread, please do so as I (and others) would like to be in the know.

My observations in one night so far:

• Sign gates, doors and bridges aren't working (plugin issue) - so my portcullis is stuck closed (better than being stuck open I guess!)
    • I'm being attacked by Phantoms in my PS zones. Since people on the server usually don't sleep, Phantoms spawn even in PS zones. This means my Keep walls are no longer safe to traverse at night!
    • I had a cat with me and the Phantoms still attacked. They were not deterred by the presence of the cat. Not sure it being a tamed Ocelot made any difference.
    • The "/raffle winners" command isn't present in the new raffle plugin.
    • At /Warp farms the villagers seem to have been freed from their booths.
    • Also, at the warp point of farms, (the welcome building) there is a constant sound of pistons triggering but I see nothing moving.

What else?

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
Re: New things/behaviors since 1.13 update
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2019, 09:45:32 PM (Edited March 26, 2019, 09:49:04 PM) »
Some answers to your observations:

1. We've temporarily disabled gates, doors, and bridges while we wait for some plugin fixes to some edge cases with pre-1.13 ones potentially being able to lag out the server
2. Phantoms are per-player here, if you lay in a bed at night for a few seconds (long enough for the screen to stop fading out as you rest), phantoms won't bother you for another three game days. Do this once every couple of Minecraft days and phantoms won't be a problem for you. As long as you're rested up, even phantoms already spawned for other players won't harm you.
3. This feature is a planned feature for 1.14, it isn't in the game yet.
4. Correct, that functionality was removed from the raffle plugin, it underwent quite a lot of changes for 1.13. Some things were added, some things were changed, others were removed. How it is now is as close as can be configured to being how it's always been.
5. There's some little things like that which is a result of the world conversion that had to happen for 1.12-to-1.13, we're ironing those out as we're able
6. That's been like that a long time, the pistons are moving something, it's just hidden from player view. It's just a timer for maintenance tasks around that farm area.

If you find things that aren't quite right, like something that appears to be broken or wrong, such as commands not doing what they should or missing villagers, for example, let staff know or put in an admin request.
You can submit a new admin request at: https://tools.famcraft.com/request-an-admin/
You can get a link to the admin request page in-game at any time by running this command: /admin