Famcraft

Author Topic: Skyblock questions:  (Read 1625 times)

Offline mehrcraft

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: mehrcraft
Skyblock questions:
« Opened on July 03, 2020, 09:06:58 AM (Edited July 03, 2020, 11:01:32 AM) »
1) What version is skyblock running?  Is it one of the 1.13 or is it earlier?  (From the behavior it looks like it is not 1.14.x or 1.15.x)

2) Do you have plans to upgrade skyblock in the near future?  I ask because the sheep dispenser-shearing does not work in the installed version and the alternative is to use entity cramming to breed/kill sheep, but to get every color that is a LOT of sheep and I am willing to bet that it causes lag at least for me if not for the whole server.  So if it is coming in the next week/month I'd rather wait and do the auto-shear 1 sheep per color design instead.  Or is there a good wool farming design that can be used right now?

3) Enderpearl challenge has me puzzled.  I don't see a way to portal to the end, and thus I can't figure out how to make an enderman farm on skyblock.  Suggestions?
EDIT:  Could it be through spawners at the top of the 2nd nether tower?  Or could it be through temporarily changing biome with /sky biome so that they can spawn on my main island?

4) Brown dye is supposed to be crafted from cocoa beans.  Does not seem to work on skyblock.   Alternative crafting?
5) Blue dye is supposed to be smelted from lapislazuli, but it won't smelt on skyblock.  Alternative crafting?
EDIT:  Could it be that I need to use them directly instead of making dye?

6) Can I reset "just my nether" without affecting the main island?

7) Is there a better way to get obsidian than picking up buckets of lava in the nether, bring it back to the overworld, and make obsidian by pouring water on it?

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
Re: Skyblock questions:
« Reply #1 on July 06, 2020, 11:59:16 PM »
1) The skyblock server is running 1.12.2
2) We have no immediate plans on updating skyblock. Wool farming designs for 1.12.2 should work.
3) Endermen should appear around your island eventually. You collect enderpearls from them.
4) Brown dye on 1.12 is cocoa beans. Use them directly
5) Blue dye on 1.12 is lapis. Use them directly
6) No
7) Not that I'm aware of