Famcraft

Author Topic: Incorrectly banned as alternate account  (Read 2422 times)

Offline chisayne

• Beginner
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ChiSayne
Incorrectly banned as alternate account
« Opened on March 14, 2021, 01:19:07 PM »
Hi, I play Famcraft with my son and I think it somehow flagged us as being alternate accounts based on the IP address or something. RedBlackSuper and ChiSayne are separate people, not alternate accounts. Can you unban, or if we did something wrong please explain? Thanks!

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
Re: Incorrectly banned as alternate account
« Reply #1 on March 14, 2021, 04:49:14 PM »
Thank you for the ban inquiry. This wasn't an automated ban. I issued the ban after RedBlackSuper logged into the ChiSayne account, and then admitted that they use the account to bypass bans on other servers:

[4:45:31 pm] <+FamcraftIRC> ChiSayne joined the game (On Main)
[4:45:41 pm] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] ChiSayne: wrong account
[4:45:43 pm] <+FamcraftIRC> ChiSayne left the game (On Main)
[4:46:24 pm] <+FamcraftIRC> RedBlackSuper joined the game (On Main)
[4:47:17 pm] <+FamcraftIRC> [m] RedBlackSuper: hes my other account i play on servers that im banned on

This tells us that RedBlackSuper does things to get banned on other servers, and then doesn't respect the bans issued by them. Also please note that RedBlackSuper refers to the Chisayne account as "my account"

It's important to understand that since we know RedBlackSuper uses this account to bypass bans, we will ban both accounts if one of them gets banned in the future. In addition, if we observe RedBlackSuper using the ChiSayne account, we will issue another ban for the ChiSayne account. We have a strict no-alts policy.

If you can make certain that RedBlackSuper does not play on the ChiSayne account on Famcraft, we can unban this account.

Offline chisayne

• Beginner
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: ChiSayne
« Reply #2 on March 14, 2021, 08:04:41 PM (Edited March 14, 2021, 08:07:01 PM) »
Sorry if he didn't explain it clearly. The other server ban was as I see it a mistake, he accidentally logged in with a mod that we used to use on a personal server, which we didn't realize would be prohibited there (just a player/mob head mod, purely cosmetic but I can only assume it was that one) they didn't allow any plea review so I just let him use my account to play there instead. We really enjoy playing on famcraft and would not do anything intentionally to get around the rules. I'll make sure he understands that Chisayne is my account and he should not be using it on Famcraft, or discussing other servers as listed in the rules.

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on March 14, 2021, 09:42:19 PM »
Thank you for your update. I've unbanned the ChiSayne account.