Famcraft

Author Topic: Question about the Whitelist times...  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Agawaateshin

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Agawaateshin
Question about the Whitelist times...
« Opened on March 19, 2022, 05:29:07 PM »
Hello
I've looked around in the forums for this info, so sorry if I didn't see the right thread...
I've been trying to join the server for the last few days but it's always Whitelisted. From the threads I've seen, the server isn't *always* whitelisted, so I must have rotten timing because I don't seem to catch it when there's staff on to have the server open. Is there a specific day/time to try and join when the server isn't usually whitelisted? Or is it just a luck of the draw type thing? I've tried in the mornings, afternoon and evenings, so I'm not sure when is a good time when staff might have it open.
Been looking for a family friendly server that's chill, but I haven't had much luck. Eager to join and play with nice and chill people with no drama ^^

Offline Casgil271

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Casgil271
Re: Question about the Whitelist times...
« Reply #1 on March 20, 2022, 09:51:08 AM (Edited March 20, 2022, 09:56:22 AM) »
A whitelist keeps random people from just joining, and an admin has to approve you. Once you're on the whitelist, you don't have to be added again. For me, it took a few months to join the whitelist. I hope this helps!
"You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be defeated" - Maya Angelou

Offline Agawaateshin

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Agawaateshin
« Reply #2 on March 21, 2022, 08:21:47 AM »
   Alrighty, I understand about not having random people join when there's no staff to supervise and make sure that they're not causing trouble. That's a good thing. I've seen way too many people that don't belong on a server with other people because they cause so much trouble/drama, and on the other end, staff that is no help against that stuff at all. That's what I'm trying to avoid. xD Chill and build is all I like to do. I don't even like to pvp. I'm not good at that at all. Dealing with monsters is bad enough lol So if Famcraft has great staff that look after things, that is amazing. If the players here are chill and pleasant, all the better.
   I'm wondering if there are certain days/times when staff tend to be on and have the server open to the public? Or are you saying you were trying to actually log into the game for months without success before you were able to load into the server to play and then got whitelisted? Say like- staff tends to be online more often on Tuesdays in the very early morning, or during the weekends in the evenings? Because I've been trying to join the server to play multiple times throughout the day for several days already and each time it's whitelisted.
   Thanks for your reply! I appreciate you taking the time to answer. ^^
-Brooke

Offline Casgil271

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Casgil271
« Reply #3 on March 22, 2022, 04:58:44 PM (Edited March 22, 2022, 06:29:43 PM) »
I believe only the 3 admins can add people to the whitelist, and they have busy lives. I don't believe there is a date where they are on, but I could be wrong. When you asked this question:
Or are you saying you were trying to actually log into the game for months without success before you were able to load into the server to play and then got whitelisted?
It took me months to log in for the first time, and mods are really helpful, and the players can be even more. All players are chill. And as I said:
Once you're on the whitelist, you don't have to be added again.
The whitelist is allowed players on the server. (This post is edited) As Thoatt said below this post:
The only thing I can recommend is just to keep trying. :)
I hope this helps, and I hope to see you on the server soon! :D
"You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be defeated" - Maya Angelou

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on March 22, 2022, 05:07:03 PM »
Generally there are staff on in the early mornings and in the evenings most days (central time)

The only thing I can recommend is just to keep trying :)