Famcraft

Author Topic: ban appeal  (Read 3439 times)

Offline joostiseen100

• View Profile
ban appeal
« Opened on January 04, 2013, 02:42:26 PM »
Hello

I was bannen for speedplacing, I wanted too make a big bilding and needed a floor so I used speedplacing. It was very stupid of me and not smart at all. there is no reason why I should not been banned bot I like to say sorry and I have de-installed the speedplacing immediately when I got banned. I really like this server and I almost cried when I got the ban please give me one more chance to proof that I can really do it. I have been really faithful to this server with like 10 hours or more a day. I´m begging for one more chance. I will truly never do this again I learned my lesson

Joostiseen100

Offline xPH03N1Xx86

• Retired
  • Rawr! Ima eat you! >:U
    • View Profile
Re: ban appeal
« Reply #1 on January 04, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
Seeing as how you used mods, even after being banned before, I would not unban you. But I'll leave the decision up to Micah or Bk.
Rawr!!!

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on January 05, 2013, 03:40:57 AM »
You've broken rule #6 twice now. Famcraft is a no-cheating survival server. Please go somewhere else.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline joostiseen100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on January 05, 2013, 05:51:00 AM »
will this mean I also can't play in the FTB server?

Offline xPH03N1Xx86

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on January 05, 2013, 09:08:45 AM »
Indeed.
Rawr!!!

Offline joostiseen100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on January 05, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »
I have an objection though

Micahdg said:
You've broken rule #6 twice now. Famcraft is a no-cheating survival server. Please go somewhere else.

But I didn't break rule #6 twice not even once because rule #6 said: If you use cheats or mods you will get a permanent ban. But I didn't use any mods beacause I used a hacked client which is not a mod. If you also meant hacked clients you should have said that. You could also say I was cheating but I wasn't because:

1. to defraud; swindle: He cheated her out of her inheritance.
2. to deceive; influence by fraud: He cheated us into believing him a hero.
3. to elude; deprive of something expected: He cheated the law by suicide.
(from Dictionary.com)

1. I didn't defraud, defraud means doing something so that other people have less like stealing
2. I didn't deceive, I never said I didn't use any hacked clients so I didn't deceive anyone
3. I didn't elude, to elude means avoiding a question you know is wrong. I was never asked if I used any hacked clients, so I never eluded the question

This is why I shouldn't be banned because I technically didn't break any rule.

I see you changed rule #6 a bit that was after I was banned so I can't be judged by the new rule. You have to use the old rule from before I was banned. I listed that above.

So you should unban me because I did nothing wrong.

Joostiseen100

Offline xPH03N1Xx86

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on January 05, 2013, 09:40:57 AM (Edited January 05, 2013, 09:46:05 AM) »
Joost, now you are trying to find loopholes. Hacks and mods, it doesn't matter what you use, you did something illegal to give yourself an advantage. And you are not being unbanned. I'm going to kindly ask you to find a different server.
Rawr!!!

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #7 on January 05, 2013, 10:02:07 AM »
A "hacked client" is a mod.

"Mod" is shorthand for "modification", meaning any Minecraft game client that has been modified in any way from how Mojang ships it is considered to be "modded", or modified.

There is a short list of modifications that are allowed, such as OptiFine, but if you look at that very short list, there are no mentions of any sort of speed-hacking modifications, or other modifications that gives a player a noticeable competitive edge over the other players.

Also, rule-lawyering does not help your case at all.

You were given a second chance after the first ban, and you blew your second chance, too.

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on January 05, 2013, 08:57:41 PM »
This is why I shouldn't be banned because I technically didn't break any rule.

I see you changed rule #6 a bit that was after I was banned so I can't be judged by the new rule. You have to use the old rule from before I was banned. I listed that above.

Where do you see the rule that states if you technically didn't break a rule, you're scot-free? I don't see it listed. Technically, not technically breaking a rule is not in the rules.

The change to rule 6 was mostly an adaptation from the way a native Spanish speaker wrote it to the way a native English speaker would write it. The other change was the official addition of Rei's minimap and Optifine along with links to them. This way other players will know what IS allowed, and know that ANYTHING else is not allowed.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection