Famcraft

Author Topic: tempbanned and I have broken no rules.  (Read 2393 times)

Offline trickyidiot

• Donator
    • View Profile
tempbanned and I have broken no rules.
« Opened on January 19, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »
SpiderMonkey_1 was asking around for an abandoned mineshaft - I found one above where I was mining so I gave him an invite.

When I realized he had come down and started mining where I was mining, I asked him to stop (go ahead and check the chat logs, I wasn't rude about it).

foghorn__leghorn (formerly not_wisniewski) told me to stop being mean. I informed fog that he has no place in instructing me how to behave.

This is why:

He quit Cielo once and took a large chunk of land developed for the clan with him. I allowed this to avoid confrontation.
Recently, he asked to be let back in the clan. I allowed this, hoping for good terms.
He once again quit the clan right after taking a lot of items from the cielo warehouse. He has no place telling me how to not be rude. He may not have broken any server rules but what he did was low and I will not take direction on how to treat others from him.

I know, writing this, that no admin will (publicly) take my side, but I will not allow fog/not to use his power as a mod to take out whatever issue it is that he has with me.

I (and others) have worked our tails off building cielo up to benefit the members and he has abused that thoroughly. Shouldn't mods set an example for the rest of the server?

Regardless, punish me all you want but I will not toss my tail between my legs and apologize for something that does not merit an apology.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: tempbanned and I have broken no rules.
« Reply #1 on January 19, 2013, 11:21:53 PM »
 Tricky, Thank you for your plea and for sharing your feelings on this issue.

We have a lot of faith in our staff team here at Famcraft. I am confident that Foghorn would have made the same call regardless of the player or underlying situation involved. 

I am certain that Bk or Micah will take a look at this situation in the near future and weigh in with their thoughts.

Until then. We will see you tomorrow night.

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on January 20, 2013, 01:36:12 AM »
Ok I'm going to put this to an end as you clearly don't see your problem as many times as I asked you to be polite to our players, but you clearly still don't see it, you feel you can do as you please and honestly, I've had enough of it, your ban has been place perment, and as much as we appreciate all you have done for famcraft, it is stated clearly that you must follow the rules.

First I'd like to say I've been monitoring you very closely on the server and all your conversations after I've recieved many and many and MANY more complaints about how you speak and treat the players. I am not taking the staff side cause of what you feel I am, I am cause of this:

fog banned him from the server for one day, he was getting lippy with fog when fog asked him to be nice, he was kicked as a warning, and tried starting stuff with fog right afterwards. IRC log below:

04:32:39 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) spider
04:32:43 <@FamCraftIRC> (quentingod) anyone wanna buy some snow blocks?
04:32:47 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) It's kind of obvious I'm mining here
04:32:50 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) you asked for a mineshaft
04:32:59 <@FamCraftIRC> (JrMod: foghorn__leghorn) tricky be nice

04:33:04 <@FamCraftIRC> (SpiderMonkey_1) sorry may i mine here though
04:33:10 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) foghorn don't you dare lecture me on being nice
04:33:18 <@FamCraftIRC> (JessePoo) I'm running out of space to store stuff.
[Where fog kicked him as a warning]
04:33:19 <@FamCraftIRC> [~tricky was KICKED (Kicked from server)]
04:33:20 <@FamCraftIRC> [~tricky disconnected]

04:33:24 <@FamCraftIRC> (SpiderMonkey_1) ur heading towards lava tricky
04:33:27 <@FamCraftIRC> (quentingod) anyone wanna trade 4 obsidian for 1 and a half stack of snow blocks?
04:33:28 <@FamCraftIRC> [trickyidiot connected]
04:33:38 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) You take a pile of items and then quit the clan without warning
04:33:45 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) 2nd time quitting the clan

04:33:50 <@FamCraftIRC> [tombom146 disconnected]
04:33:52 <@FamCraftIRC> (SpiderMonkey_1) ur heading towards lava tricky
04:33:53 <@FamCraftIRC> SpiderMonkey_1 blew up
04:33:54 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) You have no place to talk to me about being nice
04:34:00 <@FamCraftIRC> (JrMod: Kealper) now now, please take this to private messages if you're about to get this way
[Where fog tempbanned him]
04:34:04 <@FamCraftIRC> [~tricky was KICKED (Temporarily banned from server for 1 day)]
04:34:05 <@FamCraftIRC> [~tricky disconnected]

You do not see how you're being rude, I can show you many more. I'm familiar with Foghorn and your situation, he tried to speak to you about it and I've witnessed that as well, I can't say you wasn't afk atm but I know he didn't mean harm as to leaving, and keep in mind everything in those chests are public stuff, meaning not only you were the one to place items in them.

You claim he went low? No, I'd say you did, You clearly have no respect for the younger, and you feel you're better than all and you have higher authority than most. I'm am clearly tired of this and as you can't apologize for your mistake, it only proves to me that you won't be willing to change, everytime you don't want to apologize and you honestly feel that you didn't do anything wrong.

My mistake was letting this slide a few times which led you to believing that I'll always let you slide, I actually had faith you'll change, but I guess I was wrong. If you need more proof as to you being rude then I'll be more than glad to send you more copy's to show you.

"SpiderMonkey_1 was asking around for an abandoned mineshaft - I found one above where I was mining so I gave him an invite."

"04:32:39 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) spider
04:32:43 <@FamCraftIRC> (quentingod) anyone wanna buy some snow blocks?
04:32:47 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) It's kind of obvious I'm mining here
04:32:50 <@FamCraftIRC> (~tricky) you asked for a mineshaf"

"I know, writing this, that no admin will (publicly) take my side, but I will not allow fog/not to use his power as a mod to take out whatever issue it is that he has with me. "

"Regardless, punish me all you want but I will not toss my tail between my legs and apologize for something that does not merit an apology."

This part really ercs me cause 1 - you really believe we don't check logs, or you just believe this is nice. 2 - You won't even apologize for your doings or atleast keeping the situation between you and fog in pm's or such. 3 - Seriously "I know, writing this, that no admin will (publicly) take my side, but I will not allow fog/not to use his power as a mod to take out whatever issue it is that he has with me. " Seriously man, You've seen how I react when a staff abuses their power. I can't believe you even said that.

Do I yell at you in game when you're mean? no, I ask you to hop on IRC so I can tell you in private.

Honestly I'm going to restore order on my server, and starting by removing people who degrade my other player's experience on famcraft. We aim to care and protect the kids from the cruel world out there, especially those who couldn't get the courage to congratulate a little kid who does a build kids his age do. I know you want them to motivate, but by telling them they suck doesn't help, instead you get them to lose interest in what their doing, which usually leads to worst things. Instead try saying what a good job their doing, and yea if you have a few pointers share them, but don't come out talking about "you have me wasting my time to look at this" cause it only makes you seem very Immature.

As for Foghorn, there is a reason why he's on staff, not cause I get a long with him, but because we know he is a kind and caring person, and he does what he's expected to do. You of all people know that I keep my staff on point. Why do you think you never returned as staff? Obviously cause we know that anger get's the best of you, and you aren't the kindess guy around. Mind you I still got a long with you.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here, and you realize why I've made my decision of a permanent ban.

As I stated before, we do appreciate all you've done for us, but lately you've been doing more harm then good, and we just can't continue to allow it. I hope you do find a server you fit in. Enjoy and take care.

Offline trickyidiot

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »
I have been stern with players, as I have to. I run a big clan and a lot of people want my attention and assistance.

My reaction to foghorn could have been kept private, but at that point I was so tired of being used, lied to, and thrown away that I reacted. I apologize for that.

I've given this server my time, my money, and a lot of work. Your decision to make this a permanent ban seems to be about as short-sighted and emotionally responsive as my reaction to foghorn__leghorn. If this is your way of pushing that in my face so I can see, then fine, I recede. I'll keep my reactions subdued and hand issues over to admins rather than handling them myself.

Lets both take a deep breath and try to move forward.

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2013, 01:56:57 AM »
I have been stern with players, as I have to. I run a big clan and a lot of people want my attention and assistance.

I understand they want your attention, but if you cant offer it with respect and a calm tone, you shouldn't offer it at all.

My reaction to foghorn could have been kept private, but at that point I was so tired of being used, lied to, and thrown away that I reacted. I apologize for that.

I disagree with you. No one should have to inform you they are leaving before they do. You arent their parent nor are you spending real money to pay them to stay in the clan. People tend to make last minute decision, plus many feared of you getting upset because they wanted to leave so they felt obligated to stay in the clan. So really its silly you felt that way. Also you cost us a few players due to this. I've recieved emails from players stating the main reason they quit were due to your attitude.

I've given this server my time, my money, and a lot of work. Your decision to make this a permanent ban seems to be about as short-sighted and emotionally responsive as my reaction to foghorn__leghorn. If this is your way of pushing that in my face so I can see, then fine, I recede. I'll keep my reactions subdued and hand issues over to admins rather than handling them myself.

I agree, you were one of our valued players which is why you werent ban in the beginning as your only flaw was your attitude, but we felt we could help you change. Your  donations were always appreciated, and helped with server side bills. My decision on making this a permanent ban was because I have warned you about your attitude too many times, as I warned you, you continue to believe you haven't done anything wrong, but agree to calm down. After staff warned you, you decided to explode and pretty much disrespect me and micah by stating we would take staff side to protect our reputation when in all honesty doing  such a thing would only damage our reputation. You should know me better than this. I feel that not only have you lost respect for our players and staff, you also lost respect for me and micah which we have been doing  our best to make you happy.

I believe we do  need to take a deep breath and move forward, but seperate ways. I wish it didn't have to come to this, but it did. All we can do is learn from it, and move forward. We appreciate  all you've done and it shall not be forgotten. Thanks for your time, donation and dedication. You will be missed.