Following the rules will make your experience on Famcraft more enjoyable!1
- Griefing (defacing) another player's property or stealing another player's items is not allowed
. We use extensive logging plugins on Famcraft. We record every action you perform, every item you touch, and every word you type ingame via chat, private message (visible on console), clan chat, and sign text. We store all this information for many months. There is no statute of limitations on punishing players for griefing. You will never get away with it so don't bother trying. Instead, enjoy Famcraft knowing these plugins will also protect YOUR property from griefers!2
- Deliberate misspelling of words to evade the swear filter is not allowed
. If you type words that are caught by the filter, please use the warnings you receive as a lesson of what kind of words are not allowed on Famcraft.3
- Abusive, racist, sexual, drug-related, belligerent, political, anti-political, religious, anti-religious, and inflammatory chat is not allowed
in posts, text, skin, shapes of structures built ingame, text in signs, private messages, or nick/screen names. Remember, we log everything you type everywhere, always, and we keep logs forever. Famcraft is all about Minecraft, not your beliefs or lack of beliefs. These restrictions include a ban on any speech or actions that are commonly considered inappropriate when directed toward children. Among other reasons but mostly because we allow people of all ages to play on Famcraft, we have zero tolerance for any attempted exploitation of children.
We also do not allow discussion of mature rated games, movies or television shows. 4
- Trading, linking to, or discussing illegal material (games, software, movies, etc.) is not allowed
- Do not discuss other servers while using any of Famcraft's services
. That includes talking bad about other servers, too. While we appreciate players wanting to share their experiences from other servers, many new players join the server only to advertise their own server. Devious players we punish for breaking other rules often try to advertise other servers to draw people away from Famcraft out of spite. Due to these types of examples, we don't allow discussion of any other server while in-game, on mumble, or in our forums.6
- Using any client modifications to cheat on Famcraft Survival is not allowed
. Cheating includes such activities as flying when not allowed, placing multiple blocks with one action, speed walking, and seeing through blocks.
We also do not allow the exploitation of Bukkit or Minecraft "glitches".
Two specific client mods which are allowed (and recommended) are Rei's Minimap and Optifine.
- Rei's Minimap: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482147-
- Optifine: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-
- We also recommend Magic Launcher for easily installing the above mods: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/939149-
- You may use many other client mods but we can't make a complete list of them. Acceptable client mods include most minimaps, inventory tweak/sorting, and others that do not give you a competitive advantage over other players. If you are unsure about whether a mod is safe to use here, just ask a staff member about it and they'll be glad to help.7
- Harassment of other players is not allowed
- Persistent hassling of Staff members for anything is not allowed.
This includes world-editing, protections, or items, among other things.9
- Spamming is not allowed
. This includes using caps or excessive amounts of a letter or character. We will not argue this topic. ex: 111111111 - is considered spamming. More examples of spam: https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,1841.0.html10
- Do not ask to become a staff member
. We choose staff members only after observing you for several months.11
- English is the official language on Famcraft
. We have players from all around the world and English is the most common language among them, so please use only English in the public chat and forum posts. You MAY use other languages in clan chat and personal messages. However, be advised that we make use of automated translations to ensure the non-English messages are in line with other Famcraft rules.12
- Player vs. player combat is not allowed unless all participants agree to fight and agree on the terms of the combat
. By default, your ability to hurt another player is disabled. This can be toggled with the /pvp command. However, the other player must also issue the /pvp command. Some things you will need to make an agreement about include whether you will keep or return items a dead player drops. Issuing the agreement in chat or written on signs is sufficient. These rules exist to stop players from bullying each other.
You are responsible for your account. If you use a shared account and your account sharer decides to grief or break rules, we will punish you and the account.
These rules can change at any time. Please make sure you check them frequently to keep up to date. Staff members are expected to have them memorized.
To prevent players circumventing punishments they have been given, we ask that players do not use multiple Minecraft accounts on Famcraft if they have access to them. If you're found to be using multiple Minecraft accounts, you'll be asked to pick your favorite and stick with it and we will ban the other account to avoid future confusion.
If a player breaks a rule staff has authorization to warn/mute/kick/tempban/permaban without warning the player first. If you want to plead your case
and attempt to overturn any punishment against you, please do so by going to the appropriate part of the forums
Any mob XP grinder owner/operator wishing to prevent intruders from using their grinder must follow these guidelines if they want staff to enforce no trespassing rules:
- Signs must be posted inside the player area of the grinder indicating which players and clans are allowed or not allowed inside.
- Players found inside XP grinders without having their name or clan on a sign will be punished with no prior discussion. They are welcome to enter a plea
- If a grinder owner gives verbal permission to a player (and we can find it in the logs) but does not post a sign giving that player permission, the XP grinder owner will be punished.
- Essentially, sorting out these messes is taking too much of our time and the fact that grinder owners are making a business out of renting their grinders gives us the right to ensure it's done fairly.
- XP grinders with no signage will not be defended by staff. We will not punish intruders who use these sign-less XP grinders without permission.
We take accusations of biased or abusive staff members very seriously. Our staff members are held to an even higher code of conduct than our members. If you are having a problem with a specific staff member, please send a forum private message to the owners of Famcraft, micahdg
, and tell us about the situation. Include as much detail as possible including the times of any incidents so we can refer to logs. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org