Famcraft

Author Topic: Messing Up  (Read 4252 times)

Offline Johnbob0O

• View Profile
Messing Up
« Opened on April 10, 2013, 04:26:09 PM »
I griefed and got a 2 day ban. Now I was banned for theft of villagers. (Well that's what I think and Don't ask) I should be released because I try to help other players and I know I can make it up to Sapphire (Well I think it was) and the Helpers, Mods, and Admins. I was only trying to make get emerald using the villagers. I apologize sincerely and hope you can forgive me.

From John/Johnbob00
P.S. I think the ban should be for 2-3 days.
P.S.S I'm not really good at these things So I hope I can convince you.

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Messing Up
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »
You were banned again because we keep finding new little griefs by you all over the place: a missing painting here, a broken block there, missing items all over the place in lots of different homes. It's like you're a serial burglar hitting every house on the block. This is unacceptable behavior and not welcomed on famcraft.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline Johnbob0O

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »
Who did I greif?
I need Every name to figure this out.
and when was i banned

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2013, 06:59:20 PM »
Hah, we're not going to that much effort. Our plugins which track every block players place or break or use or blow up tells us all we need to know.

In any case, it doesn't matter who the victims were. The act alone is what's punishable.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2013, 07:22:54 PM »
Johnbob, we're debating what to do with you. Please stand by.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline Johnbob0O

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2013, 08:08:30 PM »
Thank you for the chance to come back.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »
 Johnbob00, Thank you for taking the time to plea.

When you joined the server, you were expected to read our rules. Our rules clearly state **Griefing or stealing another players items is not tolerated**. By "not tolerated" we mean we will remove you from the server if you grief or steal.

We have found numerous locations where you have chosen to grief, steal, or both. The majority of these griefs effect only a few blocks, but even a few blocks is considered griefing if they are not your blocks to break.

Perhaps you do not understand what we count as griefing, so I will provide a little information about griefing here.

Griefing is breaking any structure you did not create. Even if you only remove a block or two. This includes homes, outbuildings, walkways, roads, minecart tracks, landscaping, gardens, animal pens, placed water or lava as in a fountain, redstone and anything else of this nature that you did NOT place yourself.

Even if you have permission for an area, such as in a clan base, it is still considered griefing if you destroy anything you were not specifically given permission to destroy.

Placing blocks where they do belong, in another players area or  a clan area is also considered griefing. No one will be happy to find random blocks placed around in their area.

Harvesting other player's gardens, even if you replant, is greifing. Killing any animal in an enclosure you do not own, is griefing. Removing water or lava from a fountain or decoration is griefing- even if you do not break the surrounding blocks.

Even if you remove a block from s structure, and replace it with a different block- it is griefing. The original builder made the structure the way they did for a reason.

Going into other players homes and removing paintings/item frames is also considered griefing. Taking ANYTHING that does not belong to you is stealing.

Mistakes can happen. I know it is possible to accidentally break something. If this happens, do not walk off and leave the damage, repair what you have broken.

Famcraft has an infinite world. There are many, many unexplored, unoccupied areas where you can break and place freely. There is absolutely no need to go to other players homes or areas, and damage things.

Think about what you would want other players to do in your area. Would you want your structures damaged, or the items you worked for stolen?

I am going to reduce your ban to a 3 day tempban.  The three days will begin now.

When you return, if you slip up and grief even one time- you will be permanently banned from this server with absolutely no chance of a plea.

Again, thank you for taking the time to plea. We will look forward to seeing you back on the server in 3 days.

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on April 11, 2013, 02:39:19 AM »
I apologize, and I see that my staff was willing to give you another chance. I know that you know what greifing is, and obviously you knew you did a few mistakes which you admitted to yourself. I personally don't like griefers, and I won't allow people to try and destroy my player's builds which they worked so hard to gather those materials and such, even if we can restore everything you did in a matter of 1 command (literally 2 seconds) but I feel that you will only return to grief some more, and possibly even do a greater grief, assuming we can't fix it. We had many people do this and fail to realize the only person the griefer is hurting is themselves, as stated above, it might take you hours to grief, but it takes us seconds to repair it, but I don't want to take the chance as I have been with prior griefers by allowing them back in and then they decide to do MASSIVE griefs. I'm sorry but I'll be removing that temp ban and replacing the permanent ban. I hope you do find a server you like, and I hope you actually follow their rules. Take care.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #8 on April 11, 2013, 03:20:08 AM »
Thank you, Bk. This seems like the better solution. I have found more damage from this player tonight.

Offline Johnbob0O

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on April 11, 2013, 07:37:19 AM »
Could Donating get me back in?

Offline Johnbob0O

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on April 11, 2013, 07:49:44 AM »
What do you mean I griefed Cielo? Cause all i did was change the thing to the ore for diamond, emerald and coal I think and thats not griefing.

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on April 11, 2013, 08:00:40 AM »
You can not donate to get back on the server I apologize but we do not work that way.

Touching anything in game that doesn't belong to you is considered greifing, you have greifed in many places on the server, killing sheeps is also griefing. The only way it's not considered griefing is if you had permission to do this.

As stated in my earlier post I apologize for this, and I hope you do find a server which suits you.