Famcraft

Author Topic: Calming Links for Stressed Players <3  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
Calming Links for Stressed Players <3
« Opened on January 07, 2014, 12:26:19 AM »
Hey guys <3

As a few of you know, I have problems with major anxiety. I've been getting better with it lately, but I noticed a few of you guys mentioning how you too, have problems with it, and i really wanted to offer some help! <3

I hate seeing any of you guys going through horrible stuff... even if you're just sad about something, so i thought i'd share some of the links i use when i'm having a really bad time and need somewhere i can relax and de-stress, away from people (no matter how much you love them :P). I hope they help you guys as much as they've helped me : )

(I have also checked all links for Family-Friendliness <3 But i can take this down if it poses a problem!)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

• The Thoughts Room -- Follow the instructions that pop up, and you'll be led to a quiet place with soft music, where you can write out all your problems in a little text box. The words will then fall off the screen and fade away!
  • Silk -- This is an interactive generative art program that lets you draw some really cool stuff with light. You can even make it mirror itself 2x or 4x.
  • Neonflames -- Draw galaxies! A lot like Silk, but instead of drawing lines, you can make nebulas and stars using 8 different colors. This is a super awesome program!
  • Rainy Mood -- I've probably used this website the most. Thunder and Rain always calm me down and make me feel at peace, and this website will let you listen to the relaxing sounds of a thunderstorm for hours on end!
  • Line -- (This one reminds me a lot of the old Windows 95 screensavers...) it's a continuous line that keeps going and going. Moving your mouse will control it's direction while you "ride" on top of it. It's pretty neat :D
  • 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Brownie-- Whenever i'm having a really bad day, Chocolate always seems to help... but i don't always want to make an entire cake, or a whole pan of brownies, so this is perfect. It's big enough for one person, perfectly warm, and 90% of the time, i have all of the ingredients. (However you'll have to clean the mug as soon as you're done, or that stuff turns to concrete :I )
  • The Nicest Place on the Internet -- Soft Music, and lots of videos of people giving you (the camera) a hug. All kinds of people, including some dressed up in costume! You can even submit your own hugs video!
  • Un-Disgruntle yourself -- (Is that a double negative?) This is a website to see pictures and videos of cute and adorable animals -- because nothinig makes people feel better, than fluffy bunnies and kittens uwu.
  • Broken Self -- sometimes you just need to smash things, and no amount of hugging, rain, or kitten whiskers will fix it. That's where this site comes in. You can click on the screen to smash it as many times as you like. It'll shatter into a million pieces and turn black. Then smash it again, to turn it white. (Warning, VERY loud @_@)
  • 100,000 Stars -- This site is really really awesome. It has an ENORMOUS map of stars in our galaxy! You can zoom in an out to some relaxing music, and even click on some of the stars to read more about them!
  • Noise Maker -- For some people, it's easier to focus on something when they have some background noise. When you need some, this site is perfect :) They have everything from plain white noise, to rain, traffic, waterfalls, excited fans, tibetan meditations, wooden chimes... you name it :D

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I hope this helps you guys out, or at least gives you something to do when you're bored <33

Love you guys! <3

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
Re: Calming Links for Stressed Players <3
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2014, 07:44:42 AM »
I used to listen to Rainy Mood all the time, while putting on another song mixed in. It really is peaceful! :D

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
  • Home is where my dirt-hut is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2014, 08:05:02 AM »
Code: [Select]
2 tablespoonsbutter, melted
2 tablespoonswater
1/4 teaspoonvanilla extract
1 dashsalt
4 tablespoonsgranulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoonsall-purpose flour

Directions:
1 In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, butter, vanilla and dash of salt. Whisk well.
2 Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.
3 Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten. Careful not to overcook.
4 Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.

im gonne use this one for sure :D

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2014, 12:26:31 PM (Edited January 07, 2014, 12:30:04 PM) »
Silk is pretty entertaining, here's what I made: http://r.weavesilk.com/?v=4&id=yqcg9d5pm2

But what I want to know is, how do you, or can you, download what you make for a desktop background?

EDIT: Just found out how, just click on the camera at the top left.

Offline vespamartio

• Donator
  • ello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: vespamartio
"Isn't it funny how
day by day
nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different..."
        - C.S. Lewis

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on April 04, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »
Sometimes all you need is piano music and I listen to an online radio station that plays soothing piano music.

http://solopianoradio.com/
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...

Offline Rundrop

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on April 05, 2014, 03:13:23 AM (Edited April 05, 2014, 03:59:33 AM) »
Wow, this is a really cool thread :D Music Catch 2 is also soothing www.kongregate.com/games/Reflexive/music-catch-2
JrAdmin: Thoatt "/kickall #FamcraftTakeover2014"
Rundrop lost connection

The man that goes by many names... Rundrop, Run, RuneDrip, Runderp, Runneth, Runny,  RunPiddle,  RunningDropper, GiantRundrop, Rundropzilla, GiantGumdro

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on April 05, 2014, 07:12:38 AM »
oh, i gots one

:o
http://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/5/3970/3970473_sprite198.swf

I never saw this one!

* MrChris13 spends the rest of the day playing with the whale.

Offline vespamartio

• Donator
  • ello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: vespamartio
« Reply #8 on April 05, 2014, 01:58:09 PM »
dat is a very nice link you have there rundrop, i might have to steal it it and play with it all day :>
"Isn't it funny how
day by day
nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different..."
        - C.S. Lewis

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on April 06, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »
The Rainy Day one really helps clear my mind. :)

Offline LightBulbasaur

• Retired
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Lightbulbasaur
« Reply #10 on April 07, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »
Ghouls, that rainy mood seems to have gotten attention but my personal favorite it the crackling fire. It calms you down(it works) ;)
<FamCraftIRC> Supermickey24 was slain by Ender Dragon
<FamCraftIRC> (JrMod: ~BugsBunny) Dragon 1 Mickey 0
<FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Mickey) shh
<FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Mickey) I got dis
<FamCraftIRC> Supermickey24 was slain by Ender Dragon

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on October 07, 2014, 08:29:29 AM »
I still use silk XD too much fun.

Offline mathfreak2

• Retired
  • integral from 0 to 2sqrt(21) of x wrt x = 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on October 07, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »
There are also a LOT of these sort of calming noises on Spotify. If any of you use Spotify, look up the artist "Nature Sounds"
<Thoatt> I was very much into fluid dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) but your opinion on that was... fluid?
<Thoatt> up to ferrofluid in magnetic field dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) that sounds like an attractive field
(SrMod: ~Rowan) I'm going hard on the puns right now XD