Famcraft

Author Topic: Regular start-from-scratch adventure groups.  (Read 4542 times)

Offline JTxt

• Donator
    • View Profile
Regular start-from-scratch adventure groups.
« Opened on May 21, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »
Yesterday, with hobo, thoatt, rundrop, wilson?, lonley-one? and others that were on mumble at the time, started an adventure group together.

Thoatt and Hobo (I think) found an island in a fresh chunk, and the goal was to kill a wither.  We didn't get near that far, but we shared resources, gave ourselves and others tasks.  Nearly starved, tried to find bones... Ultimately, we had no animals, so we didn't have cow hide to make books, and it started to get boring, but I think overall it was really fun!

I'd really like to do this more often!

Perhaps we can discuss it here?

Some rough ideas:

Perhaps have this for players that are on Mumble only (and/or use a chat channel to keep it un-disruptive to the main chat, and try to keep all players connected.)

Have a set time (and time limit?), that we can plan for.  And allows time to help players get on mumble that want to join, if we use mumble. 
If you're interested but we didn't pick a time that worked for you, say so, and we'll try to make this or another group work for more people.

The person(s) that starts it:
  • Finds a fresh continent, so most if not all resources and animals are within range.
  • Sets the goal(s), like find/kill something, make something... and rules...

Everyone:
  • Agrees to be co-operative.
  • Starts with nothing, and no outside resources.
  • No mod powers.
  • If you make a chest or furnace.  do /cremove to make it open to everyone.

Let's lists some play ideas/goals:
  • Kill a wither
  • Make every color of wool.
  • Get 50 emeralds any way possible. Several ways to do this.
  • Build a Water/Theme park.
  • Make a mob zoo. collect em' all.
  • And perhaps is doesn't have to be co-op: two groups trying to do the same goal first, etc...  or everyone is on their own to do the goal first?...

Are you interested in doing this too/again?  What are your thoughts?

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Regular start-from-scratch adventure groups.
« Reply #1 on May 21, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »
JT, some of us in the past have talked about doing an Ultra-Hardcore like the Mindcrack guys do, nothing has really gotten past the talking phase with that.

Additionally, I started a new area myself, I spent hours finding me a continent and I found one with only snow and desert biomes.  I started with nothing there and have been struggling for food.  I have very few crops going, and my best way of subsistance is to make pumpkin pie right now.  Problem is my crops and my chicken farm are something like 500-800 blocks apart so I have to travel a lot to get everything I need.  Its been fun so far and I have plans to create a rail system to connect everything together, including cows once I capture some and make a cow farm, but its definately slow going and would be worse with more people.

That said, its definately a fun idea, and if done I think it should be recording and put on either someone's youtube channel or the Famcraft one.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...

Offline chipw

• Retired
  • Crazy like a bear asleep in the winter...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on May 21, 2013, 05:07:25 PM »
Maybe downsize the goals a bit to stuff that is achievable in a couple of hours or have a time limit and whichever team reaches the highest goal wins.  I like the idea of a team against team thing.

Another thing I would attempt is talking BK into redoing the creative world into a vanilla survival world, so when you go to it, you have nothing, including mod powers.  And get the world regenerated after each game so the next time, it's a fresh new world to work with.
(Owner: bknysnake) move road...
(Owner: bknysnake) move
(JrAdmin: roadkilered) its ok we got it
roadkilered has died of unknown causes

Offline Rundrop

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on May 21, 2013, 10:39:36 PM »
I think an ultra hardcore thing would be really fun! Along with the ideas JTxt is giving.
JrAdmin: Thoatt "/kickall #FamcraftTakeover2014"
Rundrop lost connection

The man that goes by many names... Rundrop, Run, RuneDrip, Runderp, Runneth, Runny,  RunPiddle,  RunningDropper, GiantRundrop, Rundropzilla, GiantGumdro

Offline PixelArtistTavi

• Donator
  • Mew Mao Mew, now go make me a Sammich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on May 22, 2013, 11:26:36 PM »
Jt, I like the idea and would like to do another lets play, yes cause two of those goal ideas have been done by Roosterteeth/Achievementhunter and if we can get exp involved he can video it, derp.

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on May 23, 2013, 08:41:54 AM »
I think the 16 colors of wool, all the farm animals, all the crops, and a wither would be good. :D And maybe a house big enough to have everyone sleep at night.

We can do it on survival, or we have the LP server we can do it on :D

I can record also :)

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #6 on May 23, 2013, 08:58:11 AM »

What do you use to record, and what do you use to edit?

Offline camel

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on May 23, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »
I like doing this as well :D

I have done similar adventure events like this in the past with players. I have an area set up now that is made for this.

the area does not allow tpa, fly, v.   i still allowed for /spawn and /home incase people need to leave, but they can not just comeback. This allows me to check for inventory, as well as fly and vanish for staff members who want to join.

I do like the list of ideas you have started up there! I was trying to think of new goals.

Some shorter easier ones would be nice as well, something that can be accomplished in an hour or so.

Offline camel

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on May 23, 2013, 02:03:19 PM »
We had an event like this today :D we went for all the wool colors :D

thought i'd throw up a screenshot of your trophy :D

Offline FamcraftHobo

• Retired
  • If the city makes you frown, Burn it down
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on May 23, 2013, 03:05:27 PM »
Anyone like the idea of building pirate ships on 2 teams and we attack each other?
Hasa N' ExpoLabs, were brain science and rocket surgery become reality.

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on May 23, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »

What do you use to record, and what do you use to edit?

I use Fraps to record, and Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 to edit.

Offline camel

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on May 28, 2013, 02:45:12 PM »
awww...well, i will try to do events earlier here and there, so we can have you with us gen :D are you in the same time zone as the uk? or are you a hour over from that yet?

Offline pyfinnerty

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on May 29, 2013, 02:45:01 PM »
Yes. Just yes.  ;D
"20 years from now you will be disappointed by the things you didnt do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover" - Mark Twain