Famcraft

Author Topic: IRC  (Read 5599 times)

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
IRC
« Opened on May 09, 2012, 05:08:32 AM (Edited May 05, 2014, 01:47:17 PM) »
We have an New IRC channel. We've decided to move from quakenet being it didn't tend to work with the only SMF IRC mod out there. We have switched to EsperNet. Those who don't use irc clients, you can use the one on here, on the tabs above click "chat" or just click this link: http://famcraft.com/index.php?action=chat

For those who do use a IRC client, the address you will use is "portlane.esper.net" The port is always the same "6667". I recommend you guys register your name so no one else can use it.

To register your irc name, which should be exactly the same as your IGN very similar to your in game name or in game nick name (as of 5-5-2014), while on IRC simply do:
/msg nickserv register pass email

You will then receive a email with another command which you copy and paste into irc. After that you're all done. but....

Keep in mind every time you go on irc, you have to identify yourself, to do so simply type:
/msg nickserv identify password

If you do not identify yourself withing 30 minutes, your name will change to a guests name, and your account will be temporarily banned. This is a automated feature, so please make sure to identify yourself, this is to prevent people from impersonating.

For those who don't know what IRC is. IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is a program that let's you chat with your friends. As I understand, IRC was one of the first instant messengers to ever exist. The difference between an instant messenger and an IRC is, in the IRC you can build your own channel and invite your friends, or as I did, I built my own channel and I'm inviting everyone that can use IRC on their phones or pc to join. You can chat with everyone in game, without logging into minecraft :D

Edited to revise username info, as decided by the Admin team on 5-5-2014

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: IRC
« Reply #1 on May 05, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »
Hello Famcrafters!

As many of you know, we offer IRC chat as an optional way for our players to stay in touch with Famcraft, even when they are not actively in game.

The IRC option is located on the Famcraft Forum, and is the option labeled "chat". You can simply click on "chat" Then enter a user name to start chatting away with other Famcrafters who are actively in game or on irc.

In the past, we have always asked that IRC user names either be your complete in-game-name or your current in-game nick name. This rule was set in place at the time IRC became an option for Famcraft.

We believe the time has come for a change in this IRC name rule. While the Famcraft community is always growing and welcoming new members, it is also a close-knit community. We can easily recognize most players with any reasonable amount of information in a username.

This means, you can omit numbers or duplicate characters from your in-game-name or use a recognizable part of your in-game-name, or nickname.

We do ask that you do NOT add on to your user name, unless you are staff, or wish to identify the device you are using for irc. Example: Helper-Fuz7y is fine for Fuz7ybob, or Egi_Phone is okay for  Egi, However The_Amazing_PlayerNameHere would not be okay for Playername. Try to keep your name to the point, as a way to identify who you are on the server.

It is also important that you ONLY use your own unique name to represent yourself. Never, ever log in with any part of any other player or staff member's name. We can tell who is on irc, so pretending to be someone you are not can only get you banned.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. We look forward to seeing you all on IRC.

Current as of 5-5-2014