Famcraft

Author Topic: Jobs - Netherworker - Furnace not paying  (Read 5191 times)

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
  • Home is where my dirt-hut is.
    • View Profile
Jobs - Netherworker - Furnace not paying
« Opened on June 25, 2013, 10:27:14 AM (Edited June 26, 2013, 11:08:13 AM) »
It seems  for some reason the netherworker is a bit buggy.
When i have my furnaces connected with a hopper above (feed netherrack) in the back (feed burning material) and below (take out finished product) it seems all to work just perfect, and i get payed for making netherbrick.

When i log off, or leave the furnace chunk for a longer time (lets say 15 minutes) and i come back, it is not paying anymore, although it is still smelting.
It seems as if the furnace has forgotten that i was the owner of all the netherrack in the furnace and all that is in the hopper ready to get in.
I had 25 furnaces burning, and checked /balance a few times, and wasnt increasing.

I will also try to post this bug at the jobs plugin (if i can find where finally) but im also posting it here, because i am not sure if this might be server related or plugin related.

Offline badbh222

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs - Netherworker - Furnace not paying
« Reply #1 on June 25, 2013, 03:45:03 PM »
After looking at the source code of Jobs some more, I *think* I know what the problem is, Jobs stores the name of the player that started smelting as an NBT Tag in the block, and when the fuel runs out and the furnace is changed from a lit furnace to an unlit furnace for a split second, it loses that NBT Tag... Maybe.  :-\
Tharlane was squashed by a falling anvil

(Tharlane) they just want a hug ^_^
Tharlane blew up

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on June 25, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »
No that can not be it. If i stay around within the chunk, there is no problem and all works just fine.
In the sreenshot you can see the design of the smelter. Works just perfect as long as you are around.

If you leave the place for over 10 to 15 minutes and come back (or log off) it still is smelting, but not paying anymore.
It seems to be forgotten that Tag on all the netherrack in the furnace, but also in the hoppers and if there was, the chest feeding the hopper again.

I tried making a ticket at the Jobs plugin page, but it was rejected as they also want 2 config files to be posted, else its no valid support ticket.
Maybe a admin might be able to post a ticket on this one.

Offline badbh222

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on June 26, 2013, 03:33:37 AM »
It is still the same problem, when you leave and the chunk unloads, the custom MetaData for that block is lost, custom MetaData applied by Bukkit is not persistent, when the chunk is unloaded and reloaded, a new instance of that Block is loaded into memory with none of the previous custom MetaData.

It *is* fixable by the Jobs dev, but it would cause a bit of overhead and would not be as practical as this, plus it kind of limits players to be around their furnaces until they are done smelting to get the full payment, which is nice in my opinion.

Tharlane blew up

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on June 26, 2013, 05:08:49 AM »
It is still the same problem, when you leave and the chunk unloads, the custom MetaData for that block is lost, custom MetaData applied by Bukkit is not persistent, when the chunk is unloaded and reloaded, a new instance of that Block is loaded into memory with none of the previous custom MetaData.

It *is* fixable by the Jobs dev, but it would cause a bit of overhead and would not be as practical as this, plus it kind of limits players to be around their furnaces until they are done smelting to get the full payment, which is nice in my opinion.
Well it is not always possible to stay around at your furnace. For example when a new player joins i go to spawn, and maybe give a tour if needed. When i go back, it seems that i need to get everything out again, and put it back in, but even that this doesnt seem to work all thimes. So i end up needing to break the furnaces and make them again. Still i think after doing that, some of the blocks that came out and be put back in seems not to pay. Ill need to test this last statement some better though

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on June 26, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »
btw, is the plugin that we use called "Jobs" or "MCJobs"  seems to be 2 different plugins

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on June 27, 2013, 02:33:25 AM »
the plugin name is "jobs" and when you leave a chunk, after a while it isn't loading, removing it from the memory, and it stops smelting till you return to its radius for it to reload the chunk and start smelting again. Bad can help you more on this, and I'm sure bad has made a suggestion to the dev if their is an actual "fix" for this.

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on June 27, 2013, 02:49:32 AM »
I tried to get it running on a local server (just my home pc 1-player server  ;))
But the "jobs" plugin keeps complaining i need to install vault (that is just right there..)
MCjobs however does work, so i got confused on wich is the right plugin that we use, so i could do some testing of my own hehe.

It would be great if someone could report it to the dev so it can be fixed, as its realy annoying behavior of the plugin.
Even if i go to my shop for just a few minutes and come back, its bugged :/

Offline badbh222

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on June 27, 2013, 08:28:47 AM »
Like I said, it is, of course, fixable by the dev, but it would mean he would have to track every furnace (and other Jobs-related blocks) inside the plugin itself and due to the number of possible blocks to keep track of, it would be terribly inefficient to do so.  :-\

Tharlane blew up

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on June 27, 2013, 11:06:26 AM (Edited June 27, 2013, 01:02:26 PM) »
But in that case, this is what i do not understand, and why it is a serious bug imo:

When logging off, i took all netherrack out of the hoppers and furnaces and put it in chests to store it.
Today i logged online, and fired up my furnaces again, by taking the netherrack out of the chests, and put in in the hoppers to feed the furnace.
Result: it doesn't pay anymore. All the netherrack that i stored in chests to burn later can be thrown away, as it wont work anymore.

EDIT-1:
It seems that all netherrack that i bought at my shop from other player, also does not work. It burns but doesnt give exp or money.

Makes me wonder: Is this also happening to the blacksmith?  must be i think  :-[

Edit-2:
Im lost now.
I cant get my furnaces to give me exp/pay me anymore now.
I removed all my furnaces, placed them back -> not paying
Removed all furnaces again, making sure all hoppers are empty too and such, placing furnaces back and putting netherbrick in again. -> not working

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on June 27, 2013, 02:46:46 PM »
Isn't it suppose to pay after you remove the smelted items from the furnace?

Offline badbh222

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on June 27, 2013, 02:49:42 PM »
Isn't it suppose to pay after you remove the smelted items from the furnace?

No it's supposed to pay for each item smelt, so that it works with hoppers and such.

I'm not really sure why it's not paying at all now Flame.  :-\

Tharlane blew up

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on June 27, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »
Ill try to do some more testing and see if i can get a bit of a better picture when and when not it is working.
might also be worth trying the weapon smith smelting.

I now gonne test a a new machine design where i dont use any hoppers to feed the material in. If these seem to work better ill let you know.

might be worth if other people also do some testing with the smelting and see what they get for a result (so for who is reading this, feel free to test too and post what you may find)

if it is fixable with just taking it out, and putting it back in, i guess it good enough and wont need a real fix if that means the plugin get more heavy ::)

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on June 27, 2013, 03:21:49 PM »
Are you doing this in the nether? If so test it out in the over world just for the purpose of testing

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #14 on June 27, 2013, 03:44:22 PM »
Smelting Iron from Weaponsmith pays like it should for me. I don't have Netherworker so I can't test that...