Famcraft

Author Topic: aether  (Read 2536 times)

Offline stomper0202

• View Profile
aether
« Opened on August 05, 2013, 02:25:37 AM »
i have a good idea for an ather mod pack server where spawn is a room with an aether portal

Offline BretBuscus

• Add me on Xbox Live or Steam! BretBuscus! Wheeeew!
    • View Profile
Re: aether
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2013, 09:52:40 PM »
I've already suggested an Aether II server. They said they'd consider it, but I think they may have forgotten. :I

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on August 09, 2013, 02:46:24 AM »
An aether server all by itself would probably not see enough use - probably end up like the voltz server. Additionally, it's not readily available in a launcher for 1.5.2 or anything newer. It is, however, a Forge plugin, and they give permission for it to be distributed in mod packs which sounds like it might fit into Famcraft's FTB server's private pack. However, it also claims to be incompatible with NEI. I'll give it a try this weekend hopefully. Perhaps the NEI incompatibility is just that the aether items aren't displayed in NEI.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on August 09, 2013, 08:20:31 PM »
Well the first problem here is that the mod is 120mb :O But most of that is music files which I assume don't need to all be in memory all the time while the client is running.

Second problem is item ID conflicts right off the bat which I'm not sure how to fix on the aether side. I'm not going to adjust any of the other mods' IDs because it will break items already on the map.

Waiting for a response from the aether devs now.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection