Famcraft

Author Topic: Banned moments ago  (Read 5591 times)

Offline GeEom

• View Profile
Banned moments ago
« Opened on August 01, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
I was just banned by bk for xray
the punchline being how I play vanilla

Seconds beforehand I struck double diamond, and was estatic, which I presume is the cause for concern
If anyone had come to look, or given me mildest of warnings, its quite evident how I found diamond, as I hit it not along a mine path, but clearing walk space around lava to reach visible redstone.

If I can provide any evidence for anyone, or perhaps be aforded inquiry or an apology, I'd be quite happy, as my standing in famcraft represents a Large volume of vanilla playtime.

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Banned moments ago
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2012, 07:59:12 PM (Edited August 01, 2012, 08:20:51 PM) »
Geeom we have been watching you since you started here, and always suspected you of xray, we just noticed for some time after collecting soo much diamonds you stopped looking for them and started on your home, we then forgot about you, but then we saw how your shop would always be stocked with an insane amount of diamonds per day. I continued to watch you and so did my staff, but we were scared to accuse you of something we were almost 100% sure, I then realized today how you would go straight for the ores, I've watched the 4 chunks of diamonds you collected since you joined today. I have xray myself so I know when you're going directly towards them, you would go through a whole line you mined way back, stop at a perfect position and dig straight to it, once done you would repeat your steps, as I said we suspected you since you first joined the server. You have to come with a better plea then that.

Offline GeEom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »
I don't have a plea, I'm innocent.

I've bought two fortune picks off of baby, who himself uses fortune on straight ore to keep large diamond stock.
My mining, fruitless of any ore for hundreds of blocks of straight arbitary shafts on the level, speaks for itself. If you do use some xray I can only presume walking any of my mines and no doubt seeing narrowly missed riches will set any mind at ease.
Is this where the diamonds in that chest disapeared to a week ago?

Tight apology there nice one.

Offline GeEom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »
Its nearing 3 am, I don't think I'm in state of mind to deal with this calmly.
I've been pushed off small servers for baseless grudges before, do I have to go to heavier trafficed lands and fight for server slots to see any justice?

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2012, 09:50:50 PM »
That may be what you need to do, geeom, if for no other reason than that your activities will be more likely to go unnoticed amongst the hundreds of other players on those other servers. You were pretty sneaky in your activities here, doing a few things that most other cheaters haven't bothered to do to try to cover your tracks. Unfortunately for you, we log every block broken ever so we know where you've been and how you got there. We have no grudge against you, geeom. You were well liked during your time here.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on August 01, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »
I've seen how you would miss diamonds on purpose, there was even one time you were looking through the wall at the diamond, decided to start mining towards it but then stopped, if I were to use xray on a server myself, I would do something similar to look legit, this is why you used this to your defense. Honestly if you would have came clean you would have gotten another chance, as micah said we never held grudges against you, if anything we never had a problem with you, we just continued to watch your every move, and check logs on all the blocks you break. Look at the plea before this one, he admitted to have used the mods, and admitted to being wrong, and what, we unbanned him but with a warning that he will not get a second chance. Maybe you should think of the same thing.

Offline GeEom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2012, 08:14:42 AM »
Forgive me for not being versed in hacker tactics.
I'm well aware that the guilty should concede.

'of course you mine like everyone else, that is clearly an act however, as you got lucky mining around some lava yesterday'

You'll have to forgive me if I abandon a seam for arbitry reasons, as an xrayer would be stupid to make his way half way to some goal.
Its great how minutes before booted I found what I'm fairly sure was four connected redstone patches, the contrast of not expressing my luck for them as oposed to not expressing my luck in finding the diamonds about the lava is quite staggering.

I have no intention of playing not vanilla, I had quite fallen for the economy system on server, largely because I can't level to any degree and so can rarely enchant for myself, I would certainly not move on to a server for the sake of going unmonitered with some stupid hack!

Offline GeEom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2012, 09:48:53 AM »
Can/has the server not run some conclusive test? Seems all I can do is provide character testimony which is fairly limp given the pretence that you truely belive I've been haxx0ring my way about the place

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2012, 01:00:01 PM »
Unfortunately we are not able to explain all our methods or else players would strive to develop workarounds, nor can we tell you precisely what sealed your fate. It was not your final act on server which got you banned. It was the combination of all your mining techniques we witnessed over the past few weeks and aggregated data.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline GeEom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2012, 10:52:02 PM »
So theres nothing I can do? I'm fairly sure I've heard of things servers can have to detect all this nonsense