Famcraft

Author Topic: Famcraft Auction House  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
Famcraft Auction House
« Opened on March 06, 2014, 12:55:51 AM »
The Famcraft auction house is a place similar to eBay, where players on Famcraft can list items they want to sell and other players can bid on those items. Holding auctions for things has never been easier on Famcraft! It's as simple as filling out your in-game username, the price you wish the bidding to start at, the amount of hours the auction should go on for, a title for your listing so others know what it is on the main page, and finally, a description of the item that you're selling. If you're selling something that can be described better by pictures instead of words, you can add pictures too! See below to read how.

http://auctions.famcraft.com

Rules and usage guidelines:
Failure to follow these could result in you getting banned from the auction house! Please read them!

The rules for posting things in the auction house are the same as the Main Rules.

Extra rules specific to the auction house:
Items should only be sold in in-game Famcoins, not real money!
When posting or bidding, please use your in-game name. Actual usernames are preferred over nicknames, but nicknames will work too.
Please do not "bump" your own posts by bidding on them. Doing this is a good way to get yourself banned from the auction house!
Please do not post or bid as someone else.

If you post an item:
Please make sure that your starting bid is something you feel comfortable selling the item at. Your item might only get a single bid!
You will be expected to have that item ready to be given to the winning bidder.
If something happens to the item before the bidding has ended (accidentally fell in lava/creepers found it/dog ate it/etc), please let staff know so the item's post can be removed!
If the winning bidder does not wish to pay you for the item they bought, please let staff know.
It is ok to post links to your item's bid page to advertise that you're selling it, but please be mindful of the no-spam rule!

If you bid on an item:
You will be expected to pay the seller the amount you bid if you are the winning bidder.
If something happens and you do not have the money before the bidding is done, please let staff know so we can remove your bid!
If you win the bidding and the seller does not wish to give you the item you bought, please let staff know.

Useful information:
Bidding will automatically be locked on an item once the item's auction length has ended, so you won't have to worry about seeing if someone placed a bid after the auction expired.
New items and new bids will appear automatically, no refreshing needed.
You can post images in the item's description area by using the same tag you would for forums, the [img] tag. Multiple images in a description are supported. Choose your favorite place to upload the image at, then just put the link to that image inside the tag like such:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://kealper.com/static/shark_avatar.gif[/img]
Finally: If you have any questions, comments, or other feedback, please post it here.

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
Re: Famcraft Auction House
« Reply #1 on March 14, 2014, 10:38:23 PM »
Just something I'd like to mention since I've seen players unsuccessfully try to sell things such as popular biomes (mesas, ice spikes, etc) or homes/buildings they've built on the auction house.

The auction house does support images in auction listings. This can be very helpful if someone is interested in buying the thing you are selling, but they are not sure exactly what it looks like, so they aren't willing to spend the money on it. Putting some screenshots of your building or area in your auction listing could help people, who are unsure if they want to bid for it, make the final decision and place that bid!

Some things to note: If you're selling a biome that you found or a nice area of land you stumbled upon, it may help if, in addition to taking some screenshots and posting them in the listing, you protected the area with PreciousStones or something to the effect to make it so that area was more provably yours to sell. It would also make it so that no other players could happen upon it while the auction was going on and just start building a house on it before the auction ended.

If you'd like to post an image, but don't know where to go, there's plenty of free-to-use image-hosting websites out there such as imageshack, photobucket, and others!

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on March 19, 2015, 08:18:39 PM »
If I can make a suggestions for the Auction house,

Can we get a feature where it notifies you when your auction ends on the Forums or something? There have been several times where I buy something on the auction, but we never complete the transaction, because we usually both forget. I usually do forget after I list an item, so I never usually complete the transaction. It would be awesome if a feature like this could be implemented.

I know that the seller is responsible for handling the transaction, but there are a lot of delays that could occur. And often, I see that the buyer doesn't really remember what they bought either sometimes. I agree it should be handled by the seller, but a simple notification system would be a great addition.

Also, a bit of a glitch I see (maybe I only see it?) is that the clan property auctioned off by rivasjac about 6-7 months ago still appears in the auction list as expired. Just wanted to notify about it, if I only see it, is there a fix?

- Mickey

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on March 19, 2015, 09:13:51 PM »
I get the clan property from like 6 to 7 months ago also.

Offline ~Lucario~

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on March 20, 2015, 10:05:48 AM »
same, and i think mickeys idea is pretty good. that would be nice.

~Brad: More tickets
~Brad: less chance for me
~Rowan: ^
~_Luc~: :D
[RAFFLE] Congratulations go to Bradboy523 for winning 102000
with 12 tickets
[RAFFLE] There was a total of 15 players buying 170 tickets
~Brad: :O
~_Luc~: WHAT