Famcraft

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 9751 times)

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #30 on March 15, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
My older brother used to get this all the time, except there was no "intruder". He said he would wake up, but he couldn't move at all and he'd start to panic trying to move parts of his body.

And Ghouls, Lucid Dreaming is totally not bogus. I've done it twice. You have to be completely calm in order not to wake yourself. I've only been able to keep at it a couple of seconds, though, before I wake up. It'd be neat to be able to control your dream fully without waking up. Usually I wake up when I Lucid Dream because I get really excited.

(Lucid Dreaming is when you can realize that you're dreaming and you can just do whatever you want.)

No no no, i didn't say lucid dreaming was bogus, i was saying all the tutorials i've seen online that tell you HOW to do it are bogus. Most of them rush you through the steps and you end up paralyzed instead of lucid dreaming, and then it scares the bejeezles out of people :P

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #31 on March 15, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »
No no no, i didn't say lucid dreaming was bogus, i was saying all the tutorials i've seen online that tell you HOW to do it are bogus. Most of them rush you through the steps and you end up paralyzed instead of lucid dreaming, and then it scares the bejeezles out of people :P

Oh.. lol

Offline Rundrop

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on March 17, 2014, 09:41:58 PM (Edited March 18, 2014, 02:45:50 PM) »
Anyone know how to lucid dream? Ive always wanted to be able to do it!   
JrAdmin: Thoatt "/kickall #FamcraftTakeover2014"
Rundrop lost connection

The man that goes by many names... Rundrop, Run, RuneDrip, Runderp, Runneth, Runny,  RunPiddle,  RunningDropper, GiantRundrop, Rundropzilla, GiantGumdro

Offline mathfreak2

• Retired
  • integral from 0 to 2sqrt(21) of x wrt x = 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on March 17, 2014, 10:24:09 PM »
Sort of... I think I do it unconsciously by now. I've been able to do it since I was in first grade. I think there are two possibilities. The first being that I know I'm dreaming, and therefore I know I can manipulate. The other being that I do not know I'm dreaming and I feel like it's reality, and can thus make decision as if it was reality.
<Thoatt> I was very much into fluid dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) but your opinion on that was... fluid?
<Thoatt> up to ferrofluid in magnetic field dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) that sounds like an attractive field
(SrMod: ~Rowan) I'm going hard on the puns right now XD

Offline PixelArtistTavi

• Donator
  • Mew Mao Mew, now go make me a Sammich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on March 17, 2014, 10:52:26 PM (Edited March 18, 2014, 03:55:06 PM) »
Sort of... I think I do it unconsciously by now. I've been able to do it since I was in first grade. I think there are two possibilities. The first being that I know I'm dreaming, and therefore I know I can manipulate. The other being that I do not know I'm dreaming and I feel like it's reality, and can thus make decision as if it was reality.
Becareful with that second one Rowan, if your dream seams real and you die then chances are the mind will really think your dead shuting down and stoping everything. Mew Mew :3

**Tavi, DO NOT. I will lock this thread if I see you spreading any more misinformation or trying to scare people here. This is ridiculous.

Offline PixelArtistTavi

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on March 18, 2014, 08:27:59 AM »
So I have a question what do you think dying in a dream means?

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on March 18, 2014, 08:49:17 AM »

Falling of a cliff, being squished by a fat snowman, you know, the usual.

Offline PixelArtistTavi

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on March 18, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »

Falling of a cliff, being squished by a fat snowman, you know, the usual.

Nope it means the symbolic ending of something

Offline RR_Luke

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on March 18, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »
Ive been lucid Dreaming for years, so every saturday before i go to bed i calm for 30 minutes then go to sleep telling myself that im in a dream and when i am in the dream, I question myself. and realise im in a dream. and ever fell of your bed in real life and fell of something in a dream? everything in the dream realm lasts longer than reality so as i fell of my bed for a few seconds. i dreamt of a cliff and fell for minutes! Anyhow every should give it a go!

Offline mathfreak2

• Retired
  • integral from 0 to 2sqrt(21) of x wrt x = 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on March 18, 2014, 01:07:24 PM »
Honestly, I don't think dreams mean anything. I think they are an in-the-moment thing that may be influenced by what happened the day before. I do, however, have fun playing with dreams. It can give me ideas on a story/game. Also, another advantage to being able to lucid dream is that I never have bad dreams because when I start to have one, I can always turn it into a good dream. :D One time, I was even able to rewind time in my dream. :D

Oh, and also, RR_Luke, I don't have to calm myself, it just happens :P
<Thoatt> I was very much into fluid dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) but your opinion on that was... fluid?
<Thoatt> up to ferrofluid in magnetic field dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) that sounds like an attractive field
(SrMod: ~Rowan) I'm going hard on the puns right now XD

Offline RR_Luke

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on March 18, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »
Ha now thats just lucky, ive been practising for like 3 years and i still cant do it when im not fully calm.  :'(

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on March 18, 2014, 01:16:53 PM »
Honestly, I don't think dreams mean anything. I think they are an in-the-moment thing that may be influenced by what happened the day before. I do, however, have fun playing with dreams. It can give me ideas on a story/game. Also, another advantage to being able to lucid dream is that I never have bad dreams because when I start to have one, I can always turn it into a good dream. :D One time, I was even able to rewind time in my dream. :D

Oh, and also, RR_Luke, I don't have to calm myself, it just happens :P

I had a nightmare last night, and although it was completely silly and wasn't lifelike at all, I was terrified and didn't think for a minute that it was a dream. There goes another lucid dream opportunity... :P

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #42 on March 18, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »
Becareful with that second one Rowan, if your dream seams real and you die then chances are the mind will really think your dead shuting down and stoping everything. Mew Mew :3

[citation needed]

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #43 on March 18, 2014, 11:05:59 PM »
Tavi,  Please DO NOT. I will lock this thread if I see you spreading any more misinformation or trying to scare people here.

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on March 22, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »
I was about to post one...I spent 25 minutes typing...then google crashed...I'll write it later if I care to do so...as I'm aggravated now...