Famcraft

Author Topic: Pixelmon Famcraft Server  (Read 24851 times)

Offline loulouisakat

• View Profile
Pixelmon Famcraft Server
« Opened on March 14, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »
I would enjoy it if famcraft had a pixelmon server because I love the community here and I love pixelmon :)

Offline pyfinnerty

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Pixelmon Famcraft Server
« Reply #1 on March 14, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »
That would be awesome!!!! I would love this!  ;D
"20 years from now you will be disappointed by the things you didnt do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover" - Mark Twain

Offline dcm121kd35

• Donator
  • Famcraft FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on March 14, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »
I agree with loulou, I love pokemon, and I love famcraft, so why not make a famcraft pixelmon server!  ;D

Offline ParagliderPanda

• Retired
  • I am the Lorax! I speak for the Trees!
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PandemicPanda
« Reply #3 on March 14, 2014, 02:00:57 PM »
Because if Famcraft did have a Pixelmon server, anyone who wants to play on it would have to download the pixelmon mod. But I also think it would be awesome if we did have one.

Sometimes you have to look Beyond The Panda.

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #4 on March 14, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »
Because if Famcraft did have a Pixelmon server, anyone who wants to play on it would have to download the pixelmon mod. But I also think it would be awesome if we did have one.

Of course they'd have to download it. We have FTB and people have to download that to play there :P

Offline ParagliderPanda

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on March 14, 2014, 02:34:17 PM »

Of course they'd have to download it. We have FTB and people have to download that to play there :P

FTB is a completley different launcher that downloads all the mods for you. If Famcraft is going to hava a Pixelmon server, I think it would be best if they made it on a different launcher.

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on March 14, 2014, 02:35:23 PM »

FTB is a completley different launcher that downloads all the mods for you. If Famcraft is going to hava a Pixelmon server, I think it would be best if they made it on a different launcher.

I wasn't saying that we'd use the FTB launcher. I was just stating that it's not a problem to download the modpack, relating to how FTB players had to download FTB.

Offline ParagliderPanda

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on March 14, 2014, 02:39:37 PM »
Well, I think it would be super awesome if there was an FTB launcher that included the pixelmon mod. C'mon FTB admins; you guyz should toats do this!  :P

Offline Rundrop

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on March 14, 2014, 11:50:25 PM »
Ive suggested this before, lol.
JrAdmin: Thoatt "/kickall #FamcraftTakeover2014"
Rundrop lost connection

The man that goes by many names... Rundrop, Run, RuneDrip, Runderp, Runneth, Runny,  RunPiddle,  RunningDropper, GiantRundrop, Rundropzilla, GiantGumdro

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on March 16, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
After all the other modded servers we've started up and then had flop, I'd like to see a LOT more interest in a particular modded server before investing any time into learning about it, setting it up, providing staff, and maintaining it. There are lots of themed servers out there that are fun for a few days but few have lasting appeal and even fewer fit well with Famcraft's family friendly don't-shoot-each-other atmosphere. And, finally, links people! We don't always know what you're talking about so include a link to the mod's homepage.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline dcm121kd35

• Donator
  • Famcraft FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on March 16, 2014, 05:35:51 PM »
Pixelmon mod:

blog.pixelmonmod.com

Offline Chronomad

• Donator
  • I...i just dig holes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on March 16, 2014, 06:58:43 PM »
There's no need for a new launcher . Players can just download the mod's INSTALLER from Skydaz.com. It installs the mod for you.
Life is like ThaumCraft. You spend all your time looking for the right aspect only to squander it away.

Offline PixelArtistTavi

• Donator
  • Mew Mao Mew, now go make me a Sammich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on March 16, 2014, 10:20:17 PM »
omg, I would love to have something like this on Famcraft! It's Pokemon but for Minecraft!

* TaviCraft throws out his Legendary Team for Pokemon Diamond

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on March 17, 2014, 07:23:54 AM »
I've never really been a Pokemon guy, but I've watched some YouTuber's play this modpack and it does look really awesome, Micah. Defiantly should be looked into.

Offline GatheringExp

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on March 17, 2014, 09:43:56 AM »
  Although I likely won't be playing on the server myself, I like the idea.  I especially like how it applies both singleplayer and multiplayer aspects of the game.  Even if there aren't many players online, I could still explore, train pokemon, or just expand my base.  I think this, in turn, will allow more players to enjoy it, considering it could be played in groups of friends or alone.
  In the future, this mod also has the potential to expand.  I heard many plans from the creators to expand the mod, and make it more and more like the pokemon game.  However, I'm not sure these plans will be put into action.
  On the other hand, we would have to deal with the extra cost of maintaining a server, along with creating more staff members, a new set of rules, etc.  There could be much more work involved than it looks like.
<FamCraftIRC3>: experiencedgamer was slain by FamcraftHobo using a Dang
<FamCraftIRC3>: (Helper: FamcraftHobo) p.p
<FamCraftIRC3>: (Helper: experiencedgamer) q.q