Famcraft

Author Topic: Auction Site Malfunction  (Read 1889 times)

Offline ZRoad1202

• Retired
    • View Profile
Auction Site Malfunction
« Opened on March 16, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »
Recently on the bid for mall shop 3-2 My brother was waiting for the bid to be close to ending to bid 300k, but when the bid was close to ending 300k was in the slot, and when he bid it was it 190002 so soccerslayer bid 190003, i had not refreshed the page, any response on what happened? because we were going to connect our shops, but he did not win because of the incident. Sadly this happened. Any Response?
Pun of the Day:Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink. :)

Offline chipw

• Retired
  • Crazy like a bear asleep in the winter...
    • View Profile
Re: Auction Site Malfunction
« Reply #1 on March 16, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »
It's an "ajax" site.  Meaning, it auto refreshes when there is new content.
(Owner: bknysnake) move road...
(Owner: bknysnake) move
(JrAdmin: roadkilered) its ok we got it
roadkilered has died of unknown causes

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #2 on March 17, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »
I'm not quite sure what the problem is that you're describing, but from what I could gather, Zorro had put "300000" in the bid amount box when the bid was only at "100003", someone else bid "109000" which erased Zorro's "300000" from the bid amount box and replaced it with "109001" instead, and he didn't notice the change and bid anyways, allowing the other bidder to bid one coin higher than that at the last second, thus winning the auction. Am I correct in assuming that is what happened?

If that is what happened, it should not happen again in the future, as I have just fixed this so it will only auto-increment the new bid amount if the latest bid by someone else is more than the amount that you entered for your next bid.

Offline ZRoad1202

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on March 17, 2014, 08:56:29 PM »
Ok
Pun of the Day:Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink. :)