Famcraft

Author Topic: Ghoul's Gallery (Custom Map Art)  (Read 6963 times)

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
Ghoul's Gallery (Custom Map Art)
« Opened on May 03, 2014, 12:13:27 AM (Edited June 01, 2014, 02:44:37 AM) »

Welcome to Ghoul's Gallery!
Here you can find all kinds of map-art you can use to decorate your builds with!

I've had a LOT of requests for custom maps ever since I started making these, so i wanted to clear up a few things <3

First of all, "ordering" a map from me, does not work like most pixel art shops. When I make a map, i do not charge you for the build - only for a copy of the map. You will never pay more than $5,000 for a map (however you may tip as much as you like). Once the map is finished, I will sell it in my shop for anyone to buy. I do not make private maps.

||====================||

Maps come in three types: Easy, Intermediate, and Hard.

Easy maps are... well, easy.. They take only a few colors and simple shapes. These can usually be done in a day as long as i have the chart prepared -- however, maps with large open spaces (such as the "objection!" and "Hazard Tape" map) require a lot of filling in, which can be tedious, boring, and makes me dizzy! :P

Intermediate maps are fun ones! These are a little bit challenging and require me to pay attention to what i'm doing, instead of just filling in big open spaces with one color. These are fun, these are exciting, and interesting! However, they do take quite a bit of time to complete, and after finishing one, I need a day or two break before I start on another map.

Hard maps are the bane of my existance. These maps can have gradients, LOTS of TINY detail, or are just plain HUGE and require a ridiculous amount of time to complete. I will only do hard maps if I am sure that they will sell well, or as a personal challenge. These usually turn out really well, but can take up to a week or more to make (not including planning), not to mention I lose a lot of hair trying to make them perfect :P

||====================||

When I consider making a map, i think about a few things first.

- How difficult is it?
The more colors there are, the harder the map will be to make. Things like realistic photos fall into this category especially, because they take so many different color changes. I would pull my hair out making them D: >

- What materials do i need?
Some colors can only come from certain materials. Gold is bright yellow (while yellow wool or clay is more dull), TNT and Redstone blocks make bright reds, and Obsidian gives a midnight blue. These materials are all hard to get, or may spam PS fields everywhere if I'm not careful, and make things difficult. If the map requires too much of one of these colors, I may offer to substitute it for a different color, or decline the map entirely.

- How many people would buy it?
This is where I can sound very rude, but trust me, i do not ever wish to be mean to you guys. You're my family <3 But making these maps, is more or less a job. It takes HOURS or DAYS to complete one (not including the planning and preparing part), but if only one or two people is going to buy and use it, then I have wasted space, materials, and time for only $5,000. Maps that people are more likely to buy (like the laptop and cabinets) are more likely to sell, and are thus, more likely to be made -- whereas a picture of your head may only be bought by a couple of people (and besides, it's more fun to collect the ACTUAL head :D)

Because of all this, I have a few rules about what I can and cannot make.

I CAN make:
- furniture pieces (modern stoves, book cases, cabinets, etc)
- Signs (Hazard, Caution, Street Signs, Shop Signs)
- Misc (easy pictures like posters or artwork, clan sigils/flags)

I CANNOT make:
- Player heads
- Realistic Photos
- Plain Colors (Red, Yellow, Blue, etc)
- Vanilla Blocks (Cobblestone, Leaves, etc)
- Transparent images (Images with no background -- These are impossible)
- Movie/Game/Book/Music posters (These are usually complicated, and may not be appropriate for Famcraft. it's best not to make these)

However, this does not mean that you cannot make maps of these things yourself! :D I have a tutorial (https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,5400.0.html) that you can follow to make your very own map of whatever you like! I might even buy a map from you to keep in my house!

||====================||

If you would still like to request a map from me, here's how:

Click on "My Messages" at the top of the forums, and then click on "Send a Message"

In the "To" box, type "Boysandghouls" and in the "Subject" box, write "Map Request - [your name]".

Then, you can attach a picture, a link, or a description of what you would like your map to be. Please keep in mind, I am only offering 1x1 maps right now (maps that take up 1 square like a single painting).

You can expect a reply from me within 1 or 2 days (on the forums! not in-game!). If for some reason you don't get an answer within 1 or 2 days, you may send the request again.

Once your map is finished, you will recieve an IN-GAME message (/mail) informing you that it's done, and you can buy a copy at the map shop for $5,000 <3

Please remember to be polite and kind, and patient. I have a LOT of requests to work through, and it may take a while to get to your map! Don't be discouraged if I tell you "No". I will always explain WHY I have turned you down, or I will talk to you about how we can make this work :) I love making people happy, and I want to make YOU guys happy!

||====================||

(When i finish a map, I will make a post on this thread to let everyone know :P <3))

NEWEST MAPS:

Offline madgaz

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: _Gaz
Re: Ghoul's Gallery (Custom Map Art)
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2014, 05:22:17 AM »
The maps... wow o:
  * mind blown *

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on May 03, 2014, 06:08:34 AM »
Thanx ghouls!! U rock. I'd like to thank u for making all my time on famcraft fun

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on May 05, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »
Aww, thanks guys ;3 ya'll make me feel so warm and fuzzy XD <3333333

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2014, 10:41:36 PM »
New map for sale! :D

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #5 on May 08, 2014, 02:03:05 AM »
 :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o   :-*  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Offline vespamartio

• Donator
  • ello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: vespamartio
« Reply #6 on May 08, 2014, 05:47:40 AM »
such red, so buy  :o :o
"Isn't it funny how
day by day
nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different..."
        - C.S. Lewis

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #7 on May 08, 2014, 06:59:34 AM »
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o   :-*  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Anna thinks this is a dream right now, she was probably sipping some Dr. Pepper when she saw this :)

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #8 on May 08, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »
New map for sale! :D

This is hanging in several houses in my village now  :o

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
  • Professional Blue Koala 🐨
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: StitchAKA626
« Reply #9 on May 09, 2014, 10:25:36 AM »
LOL Kealper! I gotta see this sometime XD

"Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

Hello! I'm Stitch! A blue alien koala who sometimes plays as a gray African Wild Dog named Layden!

Offline Rundrop

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2014, 03:31:40 AM »
No thinking with portals maps? One blue and one orange?  :'( liek dis if u cri evertim
JrAdmin: Thoatt "/kickall #FamcraftTakeover2014"
Rundrop lost connection

The man that goes by many names... Rundrop, Run, RuneDrip, Runderp, Runneth, Runny,  RunPiddle,  RunningDropper, GiantRundrop, Rundropzilla, GiantGumdro

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on May 19, 2014, 06:58:53 PM »
Could u make some other pop logos? Like coke, sprite, ect.?

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on May 19, 2014, 07:00:45 PM »

I actually planned on doing some, but i wasn't sure what you guys would want :)

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #13 on May 20, 2014, 06:31:31 AM »

I actually planned on doing some, but i wasn't sure what you guys would want :)

I think you'd get a lot of money off of Coke :P

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on May 25, 2014, 03:52:20 AM »
New map has been added! It's nothing special, but it's in preparation for some upcoming maps. It matches the potions shelf perfectly, so here is an empty shelf :)

I'm hoping to add a shelf of candy/snacks, dishes, cobwebs, scrolls, and some spooky books too, all with the same shelf style.